Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,243,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
You are a Texan but if you weren't born in the state, you are not a native. It doesn't make any difference to me, but it does to the Texans, bless their hearts.

Thank the Lord I live in a republican state.
When is Texas going to succeed, the rest of us can do without ya. (no offence to you personally) However, somehow we are going to have to get Austin airlifted to New Mexico, because it doesnt belong in Texas.

That way you can become the Republican Nation of Texas (or the Republic of Texas as you used to be called). You would then be a citizen AND a native. Lets see, what are the natural resources of Texas? Oh yeah, BBQ Ribs and hot sticky air.

I left tire tracks when I left, my sister lives there and I suppose if she doesnt come see me here in Washington State, Ill never see her again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,231,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Ching View Post
That's patently not true. Considering we also spent time in Texas for 18 months when I was 2 and 3 when my father got posted to the Philippines, I was practically born there.

Very few of my friends there ever guessed I was born somewhere else.

Now Mainers...that's a different story.
Well, I didn't make it up. It comes from the Texans and I'm just relaying to you what they say. I mean no offense.

I was talking to my cousin the other night who lives in CA and he just chuckled his head off because I have a southern accent. I picked it up after living here for so many years. He nearly fell on the floor laughing when I said, "y'all." Personally, I did not think it funny. That doesn't mean I'm a Texan and of course, I don't come close to being a native because I didn't move here until I was 28.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
When is Texas going to succeed, the rest of us can do without ya. (no offence to you personally) However, somehow we are going to have to get Austin airlifted to New Mexico, because it doesnt belong in Texas.

That way you can become the Republican Nation of Texas (or the Republic of Texas as you used to be called). You would then be a citizen AND a native. Lets see, what are the natural resources of Texas? Oh yeah, BBQ Ribs and hot sticky air.

I left tire tracks when I left, my sister lives there and I suppose if she doesnt come see me here in Washington State, Ill never see her again.
I take no offense. I'm not a Texan, but I don't quite understand this post. Austin does belong in Texas because it's the capital. It doesn't need to move and it surely wouldn't fit in NM.

This citizen and native stuff is just so corny. A citizen of Texas just doesn't make sense. I really don't care about this stuff. I was just answering the native bit from the other poster that unless one is born here, he or she isn't a native. Good grief, they won't even accept GW Bush as a Texan and he was raised here. It's just all craziness.

Well, you definitely live in one of the prettiest states I've ever seen. My friend lives in Woodland and she is always trying to get me to move there. I think it's getting too populated for my taste and am now searching for a place in Idaho, a potential retirement relocation.

Yes, Texas has humidity, but you guys have way too many cloudy days for my liking. I believe I truly would get used to that considering the summers are so wonderful, but then again, I might not. One never know until one makes the move to wherever.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,540,710 times
I rthnik when you read miny of the comments from those from those form out of state you see it. No matter where they moive they will gripe about something. I My father was from the northeast;and I always noticed my relatives spent much of their time being grotchy and griping about everything. I have always just put it offf to their losing the self rpiode they had in themselves and their abilties to effect their own lifes. Texas is a relative young state and was settled but very independent people and that attitude still presist today.The only thing i need the governamnt to do is creat a chance and get out fo the way.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,564,342 times
Quote:

Think about it this way, if WA seceded, the rest of the country wouldn't go down either.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Think about it this way, if WA seceded, the rest of the country wouldn't go down either.
thats probably true, however our state doesnt vote on it every year like Texas does.

Texas is the only state with the legal right to leave the united states.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
thats probably true, however our state doesnt vote on it every year like Texas does.

Texas is the only state with the legal right to leave the united states.
I can't find the above statement anywhere to be true. Possibly someone else can and post the link.

The fact is the treaty under which Texas joined the U.S. provides that it could be divided into five separate states. It is not empowered to leave the union, a question that the Civil War seems to have settled once and for all.

Despite state mythology, Texas lacks right to secede | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/041809dntexsecession.3f59869.html - broken link)

I think Perry is just playing games.

http://www.burntorangereport.com/dia...m-the-union-no

Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Wow interesting. Well, I guess that just makes the Gov an idiot. And since I believed the idiot, I guess that makes me feel kinda silly now. Hey, I can still write even with my foot in my mouth although I seem to remember the history lesson in 8th grade American History. So I will blame the Oregon School district for my mistake. . Hey if Obama can retract his statement this Morning, then I suppose I can too.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Wow interesting. Well, I guess that just makes the Gov an idiot. And since I believed the idiot, I guess that makes me feel kinda silly now. Hey, I can still write even with my foot in my mouth although I seem to remember the history lesson in 8th grade American History. So I will blame the Oregon School district for my mistake. . Hey if Obama can retract his statement this Morning, then I suppose I can too.
I have read it many times on the forums that Texas can secede, and I believed it. I don't know what possessed me today to google it, but I'm glad I did. Just the other day my sister was saying that Texas can secede, blah, blah, and I fell for it again. Don't feel badly though. That's just all the more reason not to believe people about some facts but to do research on one's own.

Oh, and about the one who governs Texas. Yes, he's an idiot.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:10 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,054,810 times
Quote:
Yes Rick Perry is he an idiot but I think he was joking about Texas seceding. Since he's the governor I hope he's smart enough to know that Texas doesn't have the right to secede. The Civil War tells us that nobody has the right to secede.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas