U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:37 PM

8,548 posts, read 11,802,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Hey, guys, great pictures all over the place. These all most definitely represent the pretty pictures describing what we are. It's almost like a great tour book. Heeeyyy, therrrrrre's an idea.

Actually, I once got Dale mixed up with Johnny Bush (another fellow Texan and country singer -- some of you may remember him). They both sound alike.

Don Williams?? He's also a fellow Texan (Floydada), but not even close in voice to Dale Watson, and Williams is much more smooth and has a completely different style.
Dale sounds like Johnny Bush?? OMG! Then he must play genuine Texas honky-tonk!!! I MUST get some of his music and listen to it!!!

Johnny Bush has been a favorite forever...as has Don Williams. Since I only listen to my old CD collection--Bush, Owens, Hag, Williams, Willie, Thompson, Young, et al...you get the picture--or XM radio, Willie's Place, I have never heard Dale.

Seeing him (JB) in person at the Stardust in Odessa was a TREAT!!! Best dance music in the world!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 05:48 PM

557 posts, read 905,401 times
(In no particular order.....)

* Cicadas humming in live oaks on a humid night
* Frogs playing a summer symphony in my backyard
* The stillness of a morning on Caddo Lake, sunlight glinting on the water, a heron lifting in flight
* The metallic pop of my mother-in-law opening another Coors light
* The thwack of a wooden screen door

Old 03-08-2009, 06:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,023 posts, read 7,748,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Actually, I once got Dale mixed up with Johnny Bush (another fellow Texan and country singer -- some of you may remember him). They both sound alike.

Don Williams?? He's also a fellow Texan (Floydada), but not even close in voice to Dale Watson, and Williams is much more smooth and has a completely different style.
I may be partial since he's my friend, but Dale has an incredible voice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Dale sounds like Johnny Bush?? OMG! Then he must play genuine Texas honky-tonk!!! I MUST get some of his music and listen to it!!!

Johnny Bush has been a favorite forever...as has Don Williams. Since I only listen to my old CD collection--Bush, Owens, Hag, Williams, Willie, Thompson, Young, et al...you get the picture--or XM radio, Willie's Place, I have never heard Dale.
Cathy, Willie's Place plays Dale's music all the time! I'm surprised you haven't ever heard of him! He is a mix between Haggard and Cash! Dale is the King of honky tonk IMHO! Here's a sample of his music...

YouTube - Dale Watson - honky tonkers don't cry LIVE

Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I may be partial since he's my friend, but Dale has an incredible voice!

Cathy, Willie's Place plays Dale's music all the time! I'm surprised you haven't ever heard of him! He is a mix between Haggard and Cash! Dale is the King of honky tonk IMHO! Here's a sample of his music...

YouTube - Dale Watson - honky tonkers don't cry LIVE
Well....hot damn, that's some GOOOOOD music, TG!! I probably have heard him all along without realizing to whom I was listening.

To my ear, he does not sound anything like Johnny Bush, though that is not a bad thing!

Thanks for the education!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Well....hot damn, that's some GOOOOOD music, TG!! I probably have heard him all along without realizing to whom I was listening.

To my ear, he does not sound anything like Johnny Bush, though that is not a bad thing!

Thanks for the education!!!
You are welcome--I'm always happy to spread the word about how GREAT Dale Watson is!
He's my FAVORITE SINGER/SONGWRITER (yes, he writes all his own music!)
I don't think he sounds like Johnny Bush either. Youtube has alot of his music. Also his website is dalewatson dot com He tours a LOT--so if he is ever near you---go see him--you won't be sorry.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:23 PM

8,629 posts, read 16,004,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
(In no particular order.....)

* Cicadas humming in live oaks on a humid night
* Frogs playing a summer symphony in my backyard
* The stillness of a morning on Caddo Lake, sunlight glinting on the water, a heron lifting in flight
* The metallic pop of my mother-in-law opening another Coors light
* The thwack of a wooden screen door

That reminded me...My husband says that he loves the sound of a screen door as well. He wants to install one on our backdoor so he can hear the sound of our daughter running in and out of the house. He says it's one of his favorite childhood memories.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
You are welcome--I'm always happy to spread the word about how GREAT Dale Watson is!
He's my FAVORITE SINGER/SONGWRITER (yes, he writes all his own music!)
I don't think he sounds like Johnny Bush either. Youtube has alot of his music. Also his website is dalewatson dot com He tours a LOT--so if he is ever near you---go see him--you won't be sorry.
Just curious......since you are in the northeast, where would you have met Dale Watson? Is he from the same general area, or what?

Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Just curious......since you are in the northeast, where would you have met Dale Watson? Is he from the same general area, or what?
Oh no, Dale is from Texas--he grew up in Pasadena, moved to Austin as an adult. I met Dale on one of my frequent trips to Austin (I've been visiting for the past 14 years!)--I've known him about 8 years now. Over the years we have become friends. I see him also when he tours around my area as well. Notice in the first pic of him that I posted--I hung a "Terrible Towel" over the neck of his guitar when he was playing in Pittsburgh! He came out and told the crowd "I wore your colors for y'all--that's my fashion coordinator, Shelly, sitting over there. She advised me to wear black and gold!" So then he asked me how he looked and I told him something was missing--that is when I hung a Pittsburgh Steelers terrible towel on the neck of the guitar!! He is a great guy--I love him and his music to death.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Oh no, Dale is from Texas--he grew up in Pasadena, moved to Austin as an adult. I met Dale on one of my frequent trips to Austin (I've been visiting for the past 14 years!)--I've known him about 8 years now. Over the years we have become friends. I see him also when he tours around my area as well. Notice in the first pic of him that I posted--I hung a "Terrible Towel" over the neck of his guitar when he was playing in Pittsburgh! He came out and told the crowd "I wore your colors for y'all--that's my fashion coordinator, Shelly, sitting over there. She advised me to wear black and gold!" So then he asked me how he looked and I told him something was missing--that is when I hung a Pittsburgh Steelers terrible towel on the neck of the guitar!! He is a great guy--I love him and his music to death.
LOL!! I saw the towel, and wondered how he got his notes with such!!

How much fun!! Austin is definitely a live music venue...and while I love to visit (Sis lives a few miles south of Austin), I'd never live there because of the humidity.

But you can't beat that great Texas honky-tonk music.

When are you relocating to Texas? Are things any better?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:47 PM

557 posts, read 905,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
That reminded me...My husband says that he loves the sound of a screen door as well. He wants to install one on our backdoor so he can hear the sound of our daughter running in and out of the house. He says it's one of his favorite childhood memories.
Happy screen door installing! We are doing the same thing this summer....love the sounds of yesterday!! Makes tomorrow all the sweeter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas