U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-02-2009, 09:35 AM

375 posts, read 661,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I disagree. It's not Texans who are worrying about what we don't have (I could care less whether there's ever an In-And-Out or Trader Joe's here or not), it's Californians (and others) moving in and not being able to adapt to not having what's familiar and enjoying what we do have that's different from where they came from.
As a frequent visitor of southern California and Las Vegas, THIS native Texan doesn't get enough In-N-Out Burger from the trips made there. I am worrying about what we don't have. And I've lived here all of my 31 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 AM

16,510 posts, read 23,002,555 times
Okay, one Texan worries about what we don't have here. (And I'll see your 31 and raise you 28 - that does make 59, right? - and then we can get into the traditional "generations" duel - 4th generation on all sides, how about you? ).

Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 AM

375 posts, read 661,716 times
Hehe, well at 31 I am at least 4th gen on one side. 2nd on the other...but I have time to catch up for when I reach 59, right?

And I could name a quick 15 people close to me (some related, some not) that would choose In-N-Out over any other fast food burger currently available around south Texas.

When it comes to freshness, value, and corporate-level goodwill, nothing we have available to us in Texas comes close to In-N-Out. Sad but true.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,981,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Same with ours. This is why they take a while to make your food when I lived in Texas.
too damn long lol, but the wait be worth it.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:57 PM

2,259 posts, read 3,053,552 times
As someone who has worked in the food industry for a while...IMO "freshness" is overrated.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM

50,074 posts, read 42,457,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
As someone who has worked in the food industry for a while...IMO "freshness" is overrated.
sorry, I would have to disagree: Freshness is never over-rated.. the fresher the product, the more flavor and the healthier (of course I am not sure any hamburger can be really healthy) add to that, InandOut has kept it's menu simple since it opened in Baldwin Park, Ca early 50s...

For the price there is not a better burger anywhere (I said for the price) we will be flying to Ca in two weeks, the minute we pick up our car we will head for InandOut...

Nita

Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 AM

4,831 posts, read 4,269,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, I would have to disagree: Freshness is never over-rated.. the fresher the product, the more flavor and the healthier (of course I am not sure any hamburger can be really healthy) add to that, InandOut has kept it's menu simple since it opened in Baldwin Park, Ca early 50s...

For the price there is not a better burger anywhere (I said for the price) we will be flying to Ca in two weeks, the minute we pick up our car we will head for InandOut...

Nita

Please eat one for me and order it animal style. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM

2,259 posts, read 3,053,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Sadly, most people can't tell the difference between a patty you've wiped between your butt cheeks and one fresh out of the oven. (placebo effect) Not that anyone I worked with ever tried it... JKJK!

Some people take freshness to the max though. I remember we used to popcorn at the theater and many people would say the wanted fresh popcorn and we'd give them popcorn that was popped 5 minutes before and they loved it.

Popcorn is not meat though. People still love Boston Market though.

Last edited by theSUBlime; 04-03-2009 at 09:59 AM..

Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 AM

305 posts, read 165,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Sadly, most people can't tell the difference between a patty you've wiped between your butt cheeks and one fresh out of the oven. (placebo effect) Not that anyone I worked with ever tried it... JKJK!

Some people take freshness to the max though. I remember we used to popcorn at the theater and many people would say the wanted fresh popcorn and we'd give them popcorn that was popped 5 minutes before and they loved it.

Popcorn is not meat though. People still love Boston Market though.
Hah! We used to do the same thing back when I was a teen working for General Cinemas at Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso. The thing was, we used to pop the corn upstairs the day before. Then, the next day before opening, we would haul these 30 quart trash bags downstairs and fill the popcorn bins.
The funny thing was, the warming bins from which we served the popcorn from had no popping kettles, yet no one ever questioned us on it.
Day old popcorn is anything but fresh, yet customers gobbled it up with that nasty, fake, oily, goo we called "butter". lol

Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 AM

50,074 posts, read 42,457,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Please eat one for me and order it animal style. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I will have hubby eat it animal style for you: I am wondering in the time we are there, how many he will eat...??? When we go to Laughlin (mid summer sometimes) he will walk, in the 120 degree temps a couple of blocks and back just to get one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas