Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:22 PM

44 posts, read 134,016 times

Advertisements

My main reason it is it too expensive overall and I miss my home state of Texas.

People are flocking to Texas...not the same for California, actually people are leaving California in droves...guess where most are going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 01:56 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,573,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You are right that I have commented negatively about Texas politics but never on the Texas forum. I don't post nasty comments on Texas forums because that would be provoking people & insulting others just for the hell of it. I don't even read Texas threads just like, I'm sure, most Texans don't spend much time reading California threads unless they are going to move to or visit California. But there are Texans who spend quite a bit of time on the California forum just to bad mouth the state. That I don't understand.

There is a separate forum for discussing national politics.
It has nothing to do with politics. You badmouth Texas to spite the Texans, and then the more obnoxious Texans badmouth California to spite you and whoever joins along with you to bash Texas. I hate to say it (maybe not), but your comments are some of the main reasons there are all of these Houston/Texas/Southern debates. Then you go off complaining about all of those threads.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
When I was in high school I played in the Golden Gate lacrosse tournament two years in a row. The family I stayed with the first year were absolutely convinced of their own open-mindedness and blanket acceptance, but were in reality very judgemental of my culture and diligently tried to convince me that hunting was wrong and that there must be something wrong with me if I couldn't see it their way. Kinda' soured my first impression. I would never make it a rule to hate people from California, but, as a rule, there are vast hordes of ridiculous people there (as there are here). It just depends on what kind of ridiculous people you're accustomed to.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:24 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
It has nothing to do with politics. You badmouth Texas to spite the Texans, and then the more obnoxious Texans badmouth California to spite you and whoever joins along with you to bash Texas. I hate to say it (maybe not), but your comments are some of the main reasons there are all of these Houston/Texas/Southern debates. Then you go off complaining about all of those threads.
Please support your allegations with facts. Have I ever posted on the Texas forum before? NOOOO! Get your facts straight before you make assumptions [don't be like your disgraced moronic president

Old 03-30-2009, 03:26 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Please support your allegations with facts. Have I ever posted on the Texas forum before? NOOOO! Get your facts straight before you make assumptions [don't be like your disgraced moronic president
Obama????

Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the General US forum. Can you honestly say you have only bashed Houston and Texas just because of politics? I have seen you make claims along the lines of "Houston is just an ugly city with nothing but parking lots and strip malls" and "Texas is full of backwards rednecks". It's not just me that notices it. Don't try to claim you haven't done it.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the General US forum. Can you honestly say you have only bashed Houston and Texas just because of politics?
Yes, I have but if you would have read the posts carefully you would have realized that I am not talking about the general political forum! My point is why do people like some guys from Dallas keep posting on the "California forum" just to ridicule & bad mouth California? Do Californians hang out on the Texas forum in order to put down Texas? NO! ¿Comprende?, my amigo?

Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,687,302 times
Maybe they just want to say it to you "in Person" on your forum instead of staying in the Texas forum and talking amongst themselves, sort of "behind your back", unlike what the Texas bashers in the California forum seem to be doing, according to you.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have but if you would have read the posts carefully you would have realized that I am not talking about the general political forum! My point is why do people like some guys from Dallas keep posting on the "California forum" just to ridicule & bad mouth California? Do Californians hang out on the Texas forum in order to put down Texas? NO! ¿Comprende?, my amigo?
Actually, there are plenty of Californians that come on here and bash Texas. Those threads I listed in my first post were started by Californians looking for a fight. I can't speak for those posters that bash California, but I do know this thread was started becuase you somehow wanted to get back at them. Two wrongs don't make a right. Texans don't hate California, they hate people who judge Texas even though they have little to no experience with it (such as yourself). I'm sorry some poor examples of Texans trash California (I actually like it BTW, just not as much as Texas of course ), but that does not mean you should come here and start threads like this.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Actually, there are plenty of Californians that come on here and bash Texas. Those threads I listed in my first post were started by Californians looking for a fight. I can't speak for those posters that bash California, but I do know this thread was started becuase you somehow wanted to get back at them. Two wrongs don't make a right. Texans don't hate California, they hate people who judge Texas even though they have little to no experience with it (such as yourself). I'm sorry some poor examples of Texans trash California (I actually like it BTW, just not as much as Texas of course ), but that does not mean you should come here and start threads like this.
I have never written anything negative about Texas on the Texas forum; that would be impolite & provocative. I am asking for the same courtesy from Texans who flock to the California forum to promote their own agenda of distortion & ridicule.

This thread was not meant to insult anyone from Texas. What I disagree with Texas politically I post comments on the General political forum where it is more appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas