Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,974,466 times

Advertisements

Look, this is indeed a rather silly declaration to make on a dead thread, but I am what I say I am. I was born in Texas, moved around due to my Dad's military and subsequent academic careers, spent a critical part of my formative years in the Mid-Atlantic region where I've now chosen to return, but have spent both my crucial teen and most of my working adult years in Texas. Indeed, I've lived all over the state and had relatives living all over the state where I otherwise didn't live. I do use a lot of irony and sarcasm in responding to many posts both on the TX and DE threads, as well as elsewhere on C-D Forums, it's true. My style -- well, either you get it or you don't , I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,974,466 times
Oh, and just to rub it in -- I've got what most of you don't, I reckon -- real wealth in Texas. So "Don't f- with me fellas"

Old 11-13-2010, 08:46 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,152 times
Wichita Falls may be a match. The OP put this post up three years ago, and he claims he works for a collections department for a law firm. If you owe money to a northeastern law firm, refuse to pay.

The OP may be a nice guy, but I get the impression he may be the most annoying person in America being a northeastern debt collector.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:09 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Well, going by that photo...who wouldn't want to live there?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,267,006 times
The Austin suburbs would suit you just perfectly!!! More right wingers around these parts then any other place i've ever lived--oh wait, with the exception of Colorado Springs of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich534 View Post
Hey everybody, I was hoping some of you could help me out. As per my title, I'm a very conservative, religious 26 year old living in NJ all my life, and I'm just about fed up with all the nonsense my state (and this part of the country) have to offer. My views on religion, abortion, immigration, gun rights, and just about any political issue I can think of, leans heavily to the right, practically in total opposition to everyone else around here. That said, I recently visited your state last August (Galveston/Houston), and I had a really great time. Everyone was extremely nice & polite, easy going and friendly. That notwithstanding, the fact that Texas tends to be quite the "red state" makes it an attractive option for me. This is all of course still in the beginning stages, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in a decent (i.e., low-crime) suburban area. I know this is a very general request, but I'm not too sure where to begin looking. I work in a collections department in a law firm so I'd think it would be necessary for me to have easy access to large cities and their firms for work, unless such businesses could be found in suburban areas (which they are here- but I'm not trying to hate or anything - I just don't know how it works over there). Can anyone help? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas