Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 06:46 PM

86 posts, read 199,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsgun View Post
I am a Native born Texan, and nobody is crazy except the ones that live without facing what is actually going in America. You can keep your heads in the sand if you want to be, but we are not going to let this country get destroyed by the Federal Government.

ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES & LET THE BATTLE BEGIN
GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE U.S.MILITARY
I am a Native born Texan also. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Do you really feel like you're accomplishing anything by being so extreme? Why does it have to be this way? There are plenty of good people out there that don't share your exact beliefs (me) that are willing to have an adult conversation about it. You're the type of person that is convinced that your way is the gospel and that's it. That's no way to live. Why can't we respectfully agree to disagree?

Also, what is your plan of action on stopping the Federal Government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 07:26 PM

279 posts, read 415,705 times
Listen, we are all Americans,and with that came freedom of religion(as long as you do not force your religion on some one else),freedom of prosperity(the right go out and make a better life for yourself as long as it is not illegal)(which means getting off your lazy rear and making a better life for yourself"work"),freedom to protect yourself and your loved ones(The Second Amendment) and so much more. This country,My Beautiful America,was built off of blood, sweat and pain and faith in God.Our Constitution was formed from blood ,sweat & pain.Men & Women of all nationalities fought and died for this country(and still are),Our Beautiful America,to keep these rights.We do not have a United America anymore,people are calling themselves Mexican-American,African-American,Irish-American etc., which means you are a divided American.When you live and prosper in this country,America, you become as one,Americans.United we stand,Divided we fall.
What is happening in this country as of right now is a fight to keep our Freedom,Liberty and to keep our Constitution from being torn apart by the very people we put into office to protect those rights. No,I do not want to Secede from my Beautiful America,but if it comes down to protecting what I have left,which is my Beautiful Texas,then so be it. That is what is happening with a lot of other States as of right now and the State Sovereignty.It is the first battle to keep our America.The second battle will be more likely the Constitutional Convention. The third and final battle will end up being Secession.Which means all those States will join together to form a New America and leave this Federal Government to fend for themselves. I do not care about your George W.Bush card,your Race card or your Barack Hussein Obama card. What we are fighting for is to take back Our Beautiful America one way or the other.

ROLL UP YOU SLEEVES & LET THE BATTLE BEGIN
GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE MILITARY

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,594,058 times
Quote:
Listen, we are all Americans,and with that came freedom of religion(as long as you do not force your religion on some one else),freedom of prosperity(the right go out and make a better life for yourself as long as it is not illegal)(which means getting off your lazy rear and making a better life for yourself"work"),freedom to protect yourself and your loved ones(The Second Amendment) and so much more. This country,My Beautiful America,was built off of blood, sweat and pain and faith in God.Our Constitution was formed from blood ,sweat & pain.Men & Women of all nationalities fought and died for this country(and still are),Our Beautiful America,to keep these rights.We do not have a United America anymore,people are calling themselves Mexican-American,African-American,Irish-American etc., which means you are a divided American.When you live and prosper in this country,America, you become as one,Americans.United we stand,Divided we fall.
What is happening in this country as of right now is a fight to keep our Freedom,Liberty and to keep our Constitution from being torn apart by the very people we put into office to protect those rights. No,I do not want to Secede from my Beautiful America,but if it comes down to protecting what I have left,which is my Beautiful Texas,then so be it. That is what is happening with a lot of other States as of right now and the State Sovereignty.It is the first battle to keep our America.The second battle will be more likely the Constitutional Convention. The third and final battle will end up being Secession.Which means all those States will join together to form a New America and leave this Federal Government to fend for themselves. I do not care about your George W.Bush card,your Race card or your Barack Hussein Obama card. What we are fighting for is to take back Our Beautiful America one way or the other.

ROLL UP YOU SLEEVES & LET THE BATTLE BEGIN
GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE MILITARY
Good God, you're delusional. I respect your patriotism, but what you're advocating is simply ridiculous and unreasonable.

The first battle for state soverignty was called the War Between the States. There won't be any further battles.

Also, your intentional disrespect of the President is offensive. He does not use his middle name professionally or socially. He also had no control over his name, as he was named after his father, and never could have known that 18 years after his birth a tyrant with a similar name would take over a country halfway across the world. You don't have to respect his policies or beliefs, but if you are as "American" and patriotic as you claim, you should show a little respect for the office of the President. His name is "Barack Obama," "Mr. Obama," or "The President," not "Barack Hussein Obama." That may be his legal name, but it's not one he uses, and you should respect that wish. Very few people use their full name professionally and socially, anyway.

If you want to see things happen differently (things ain't perfect, but they've gotten far better in the last few months IMHO), you should work to make things change rather than complain and advocate treason online.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:37 AM

QUOTE:

The Undeniable Legality of Secession

At the most fundamental and basic level of our political belief system as Americans rests the idea that men ought to be free to determine their own form of government. Our Declaration of Independence states this fact clearly:
...That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness...
Few Americans would deny that our founders in 1776 had among other inalienable rights the justification and right to assert a form of government "most likely to effect Safety and Happiness". With such a strong sense of the rights of the people inherent in our most foundational of beliefs, it is amazing that Americans so easily view these concepts as applicable only to another time and place.
Secession is legal under natural law, biblical law and in accordance with the State-Federal compact theory of government.

GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE U.S.MILITARY

Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 AM

You have got to have your head in the sand not to see what Barack Hussein Obama is trying to do to this country. Violence is not what is being promoted, it is a battle to survive even without raising arms. I hope we do not have to go that far.

GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE U.S. MILITARY

Old 06-06-2009, 03:46 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Specifically:
PBS - THE WEST - The Annexation of Texas Joint Resolution of Congress March 1, 1845

"New States of convenient size not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas and having sufficient population, may, hereafter by the consent of said State, be formed out of the territory thereof, which shall be entitled to admission under the provisions of the Federal Constitution."
This is the key folks. No secession, no US/Texas war to control the natives.

Just form two areas...

One to be called Texas, the one Texas that is a state of the U.S. This could be the top five miles of the panhandle, adjacent to Oklahoma. Or Texarkana, Texas, a natural.

The other, the remainder of the current state of Texas which foregoes the opportuity to 'petition the U.S.' for admission and called...

The Republic of Texas

You don't want to live in the Republic of Texas you can just move to the panhandle, or Texarkana. Whatever.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:14 PM

I QUOTE:

New States of convenient size not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas and having sufficient population, may, hereafter by the consent of said State, be formed out of the territory thereof, which shall be entitled to admission under the provisions of the Federal Constitution; and such states as may be formed out of the territory lying south of thirty-six degrees thirty minutes north latitude, commonly known as the Missouri Compromise Line, shall be admitted into the Union, with or without slavery, as the people of each State, asking admission shall desire; and in such State or States as shall be formed out of said territory, north of said Missouri compromise Line, slavery, or involuntary servitude (except for crime) shall be prohibited

The annexation does state that Texas could form into 4 other states if they so desired,not mandatory, but it was not anything to do with the possibilty of secession.

GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE U.S. MILTARY

Old 06-06-2009, 07:21 PM

WillysB,

You need to read the document in full. The 5 state thing has already been explained but ya'll keep putting something in there that does not exist.

GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE U.S. MILTARY

Old 06-06-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
You have got to have your head in the sand not to see what Barack Hussein Obama is trying to do to this country. Violence is not what is being promoted, it is a battle to survive even without raising arms. I hope we do not have to go that far.

GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE U.S. MILITARY
Yes, it's easy to see what Obama is trying to do--trying to rectify the damage the last eight years have done to this country and this world as fast as he can. If you honestly think that your life is at stake by Obama's rectification of the Bush administration's policies, I highly recommend you seek psychiatric help.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
This is the key folks. No secession, no US/Texas war to control the natives.

Just form two areas...

One to be called Texas, the one Texas that is a state of the U.S. This could be the top five miles of the panhandle, adjacent to Oklahoma. Or Texarkana, Texas, a natural.

The other, the remainder of the current state of Texas which foregoes the opportuity to 'petition the U.S.' for admission and called...

The Republic of Texas

You don't want to live in the Republic of Texas you can just move to the panhandle, or Texarkana. Whatever.
All that would do is reduce the rest of Texas to territorial status rather than the status of a state. The territory still belongs to the United States regardless if it has the privilege of statehood. In effect, that would disenfranchise 25 million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas