Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:29 AM

816 posts, read 1,947,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
Try Dallas. Would qualify as a jab.
You could say that but you said "Try Tyler" at me. That would qualify as a jab to you also. Maybe I would have stop arguing if you didn't make that stupid copy and paste and change from Tyler to Dallas. That was really bad there.

Quote:
I'm saying why interject Dallas into the equation when the discussion was about Tyler.
Yes, he made a discussion about Tyler but posted something negative that was pretty much an opinion. I mean come on, all I got to say is that every cities over 100K have many arrogant people. I'll admit that I should not have said Dallas but maybe say every cities over 100K.

Quote:
John clearly stated his parents lived in Tyler for years and he visited several times. Sounds like first hand experience to me.
OK.

Quote:
Again, the discussion was never about Dallas or Houston.
Your right, I should not have said those cities in the first place. Dallas is very close to Tyler so I just wanted to give an example about it. Maybe I should have typed Waco but then all the people who lived in Waco will jump on here.

Quote:
Metro Matt is that you?
Nope. I'm just a new member here. It's a neat board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 12:01 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,490,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Tyler is too near Dallas

um...so how close are Austin and San Antonio again?

Old 05-19-2009, 02:26 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Agreed people forget that Baylor 2012 is going on right now, which is the takeover of East, South, and Downtown Waco for Baylor and if done right the population will grow; but I feel for Bellmead Lacy- Lakeview and Hewitt because its about to be a surge of people over the next 10 years, sort of like austin with round rock and p-ville. Midway and LaVega schools are getting bigger.
Lots of houses in East/South Waco are beginning to rent out to Baylor students as well. Yeah, eventually Midway is going to become crowded like Waco High.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:47 PM

99 posts, read 281,506 times
Midway High is bigger than Waco High, by over 100 students according to UIL enrollment figures. They're not overcrowed because they built a nice new high school a few years back. Waco High will continue to lose students to AJ Moore and especially University when they get their new school built out on New Rd an I35.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:56 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem154 View Post
Midway High is bigger than Waco High, by over 100 students according to UIL enrollment figures. They're not overcrowed because they built a nice new high school a few years back. Waco High will continue to lose students to AJ Moore and especially University when they get their new school built out on New Rd an I35.
Exactly, Waco High was very crowded and Midway is going to be the same, especially with people moving out to the suburbs. Waco High is already losing lots of its students to AJ and University.

Eventually, AJ is going to need to build a new facility because the school is only going to get bigger.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM

2,326 posts, read 3,934,029 times
I think Lubbock should grow a lot in the next ten years because of its infrastructure and the fact that its going to be "wet" in a few months, pending lawsuits. I think that the climate is among the best in Texas, and the inner city is being redeveloped. The new freeway should allow for densification downtown. The university helps quite a bit as well.

If it can rid itself of a certain agricultural/industrial operation outside of town, the city would probably explode.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:04 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,145 times
I'm not sure which city has the most potential. I do think Corpus's potential is exaggerated. Corpus has been "The next big Texas city" since the 70's. It's grown up to what, 220,000 people with maybe another 100,000 in Odem, Robstown and so forth? Corpus expansion is and always has been talk.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:08 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,527,366 times
If Killeen starts urbanizing and densifying it's city more, I could see it being a player as it grows ever so closer to Austin. It needs to attract more industry and also continue to grow the industry that it has now. I think numerous cities between 100,000-300,000 has tons of potential.

One city that is not being talked about is Temple. I dislike the town (as well as Central Texas in general), but Temple is receiving TWO distribution centers including an HEB distribution center. Also, if the high speed rail is built in Texas, they will build the station in Temple because it has the largest railyard between Dallas and Austin. If that happens, Temple could take off. In fact taht entire bell county area could take off.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:28 PM

808 posts, read 3,647,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm not sure which city has the most potential. I do think Corpus's potential is exaggerated. Corpus has been "The next big Texas city" since the 70's. It's grown up to what, 220,000 people with maybe another 100,000 in Odem, Robstown and so forth? Corpus expansion is and always has been talk.
CC is at 285,000 with a metro area of well over 400,000...and it's grown to that despite city leadership that is more than anti-growth: that leadership has effectively run billion-dollar developments out of the city.

It's got the potential - the city leaders just have to unleash it.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,410,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
CC is at 285,000 with a metro area of well over 400,000...and it's grown to that despite city leadership that is more than anti-growth: that leadership has effectively run billion-dollar developments out of the city.

It's got the potential - the city leaders just have to unleash it.
And now it seems that we just handed the power of city leadership to the right people the other day, maybe we can start to grow. In the next decade I see US 77 turning into another "SPID" with a lot of commercial and dense housing development. I also see State Highway 44 turning into a six lane freeway from Robstown all the way to Corpus, with growth all along it. I think the Calallen to Robstown to Annaville area have the greatest potential other than the south side of town. It is already getting way to sprawly and development has crossed the other side of Oso Creek now. Other than that, I think part of the downtown revitalization will bring with it hundreds if not a thousand people living in downtown apartments, condos, or lofts.

I also see Portland growing a lot more along US 181. It is already starting to and is at a great location and has a good school district.

It is estimated that CC's population, within the city limits, will be 450,000 people by 2050. But I see that prediction changing to about 500,000-700,000 if the city leaders take the right steps toward growth and prosperity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas