U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:01 PM

50,408 posts, read 47,887,065 times

Advertisements

northern texas is very different from the gulf coast as to humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 06:01 PM

9,053 posts, read 12,393,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
the tiles floors do help but they are a ***** to keep clean, we had them in NM. 77 really isn't that bad with the ceiling fans going full speed.

Nita
If you have a light tile....or a high gloss one, yep.

I have large mottled medium colored tan-gray tiles, dull, with grout that almost matches.

Doesn't show dirt much at all. The dog dander doesn't build up as it would in the carpet, and is easy to sweep up.

I will never go back to carpet or anything else, given the choice.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,064,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie P View Post
I was about to say the same thing.
The inside of my house does not get above 73-74 degrees during the day, 68-69 at night. I would turn it down lower, but those $400.00 electric bills do get old after awhile.
Precisely why I'm hot all summer long. My ideal temperature is 55 degrees, that of which I can have during the winter in the house. Love it.

I refuse to have the house as cool in the summer as most and pay an astronomical bill. I keep it on 80 and once in a great while, click it to 78 when I'm burning up during the night. Oh well, it's the choice I've made.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Yes, it was hot and humid. When I left for work this a.m., I decided to shut everything up and turn on the A/C anticipating what actually happened...95 degrees today. I knew my dogs would be miserable had I not turned it on.
95 is pretty miserable in Central Texas, yes.

It's 79 here, and overcast--very pleasant after the hot we've been having.

I wish it would stay like this until early fall.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,064,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
95 is pretty miserable in Central Texas, yes.

It's 79 here, and overcast--very pleasant after the hot we've been having.

I wish it would stay like this until early fall.
You bet, it's miserable. I absolutely despise summer except late at night IF the wind is blowing. It feels kind of nice and the wind also keeps away the blasted mosquitoes that have already bitten me quite a few times. Grrrr!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM

I've never known any place in Texas to cool off much at night other than West Texas...and even places like Midland-Odessa don't cool off like they did 20 years ago.

Alpine-Marfa-Ft Davis cool off very nicely at night--very similar climate to what I have here, but the days are still hotter than I like.

I despise summer, too, in every place I've ever lived.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM

50,210 posts, read 42,768,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
If you have a light tile....or a high gloss one, yep.

I have large mottled medium colored tan-gray tiles, dull, with grout that almost matches.

Doesn't show dirt much at all. The dog dander doesn't build up as it would in the carpet, and is easy to sweep up.

I will never go back to carpet or anything else, given the choice.
Our daughter has a spanish tile in her kitchen, sorta salmon color I guess, or light brown, yes, it is fine. In NM, with all the dirt our kitchen, halls, little sitting area and laundry room were white tile and i am the type that puts house work to the bottom of my "to do list" but hate a dirty house. After 7 years I thought I would go nuts. Here, which isn't nearly as sandy and dirty we have wood in the kitchen, all 3 baths, dining room and a couple halls, I love it..

Old 05-26-2009, 08:42 PM

2,259 posts, read 3,066,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
northern texas is very different from the gulf coast as to humidity.
I don't think it's as much as people would think, around 10% difference give or take (morning/afternoon). Then again, maybe that makes a big difference for some people. North Texas is more breezy than the Gulf Coast, so that probably helps.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Our daughter has a spanish tile in her kitchen, sorta salmon color I guess, or light brown, yes, it is fine. In NM, with all the dirt our kitchen, halls, little sitting area and laundry room were white tile and i am the type that puts house work to the bottom of my "to do list" but hate a dirty house. After 7 years I thought I would go nuts. Here, which isn't nearly as sandy and dirty we have wood in the kitchen, all 3 baths, dining room and a couple halls, I love it..
Oh....I'd HATE to try to keep white tile clean....ugh.

What you describe for your daughter sounds like Mexican Saltillo, very pretty.

Wood is beautiful, but I avoid it because of the dogs (wear and tear) and getting it wet.

I'm looking at CO, and I'm finding a lot of wood flooring. Just seems to be very common up there.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,375 times
I have lived in Texas 35 years. To have no humidity you have to have desert or near desert conditions. Sooooo look on your Texas map and find Sonora Tex draw a line north to south and everything to the west of the will be ideal no humidity conditions. And I might add some of the prettiest country you witt ever see. No light pollution. Yoh have not ever seen a prettier starry sky at night than in that area. Hope this helped.... Elvin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas