U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2009, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,307 times
Default school districts around longview...help!

My husband is taking a new job in longview and i've been looking online at the houses and would like to be in an area that has a really good school for my daughter who will be going into 1st grade in the fall. Its seems the options are Longview ISD -Hudson PEP, Pine Tree, Spring Hill, and White Oak. What do you think of the private school options? I've been looking into Oak Forest Montessori ... but the student/teacher ratio looks pretty abysmal and it seems that there are not many students registered above kindergarten level. If there are any parents that have personal experiences with any of these schools I would love to hear from you. I would love to hear the level of teacher-student interaction, level of academics, level of communication between parents and teachers, how welcome parent involvement at school is, and things of that nature.

Also, if you could give me any info on family friendly neighborhoods and a good real estate agent that would be most welcome! thanks for your help.

Last edited by jenessa; 06-11-2009 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: additions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 PM

217 posts, read 619,280 times
All the schools you've mentioned are very good. Hallsville is just to the east and is also highly regarded.

I don't know where your husband will be working, but Tatum is a smaller, rural (and rich) good school system to the south as is New Diana to the north.

Don't know what size home or what price range you are interested in, but there are several good neighborhoods available in each school district. People across from me actually have their home up by owner.

I will send you a PM with a realtor I have used. She is familiar with all these districts and the wide variety of homes.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM

4 posts, read 8,606 times
MY husband is also going to work in longview, are there plenty of jobs in that area.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:08 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,333,419 times
southern belle - Jobs not plentiful now, but what is he looking for? Better have a job before you move.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 514 times
Default Helping Teachers, Fire, Law, Military, Health-care, Real Estate

Homes for Heroes is a real estate savings program that is dedicated to anyone related to law enforcement, fire, first responders, health care professionals, educators and active or retired military and all veterans. On average we are saving our local heroes anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000 per transaction. The other part of this program is access to our Friends for Heroes which is growing at a nominal rate. Our Friends for Heroes are title companies, home inspectors, survey, landscapers, lawyers, painters, electricians, movers, restaurants etc… that offer a discount on their products or services to our Heroes. We have created an ongoing special discount program. The Heroes will be updated every time a new Friend joins our team so they can take full advantage of the discounts available to them. Our goal is to make it so our Heroes never have to pay full price for anything ever again! Service Deserves Its Rewards! Please tell all your friends and family about this wonderful program, giving back to our Heroes!

[url=http://www.longviewheroes.com]Longview Heroes[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas