Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,946 times

Advertisements

I will be working for DFW airport and don't want to commute more than 20 minutes (if that). All locations look and sound very nice but I need to narrow down my search. Willing to pay $750-$1000 for 2-bedroom apartment. I'm also 34 and single so feeling safe is key. I've been researching Euless, Irving, Grapevine and Carrollton. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,511,430 times
better to post on FTW board but in general there are safe areas in all those towns--just maybe not within your drive time...
the best part of Irving is the Las Colinas part but that is probably at top of your budget and at the top of the drive time as well--using 114 into the Grapevine tunnel is usually busy and can be very congested--construction to enlarge 121/114 interchange will start within a year and last several years and be really bad...
so you might consider getting to work using surface streets--which is still do-able from Las Colinas but would be longer...
check out the area in Flower Mound just north of Grapevine Mills Mall--there is apt complex there a friend of my SIL lives in--she feels very safe and is older widow--but all kinds at apt complex--it is called Savoy at Shadow Ridge--some apts at rear back up to natural land--very private--
there are some others in that area that look pretty new...her biggest complaint is that it can be noisy--walls thin but she is new to apt living--just moved there less than year ago from her own home...
across the road is strip shopping center with Kroger and other stores--she can walk there if she wants to...nice pool..people are pretty friendly...
they even have units with attached garages but a 2 bedroom would be too expensive with that option

on 121 going north into Grapevine from Bedford/Euless there are some apts as well--just north of CheekSparger--around Glade
strip shopping centers in that area for grocery/Target/other retail and some local restaurnts...

Euless around 360/Cheek Sparger has apts--my son lived in complex around there long time ago fresh out of college...not sure how they are now

you could do service roads to airport from those locations

Carrollton I don't know--my son and DIL live in that area--have had problems with every complex they have lived in and they have moved after every lease was up past three years--each time to one more expensive but neighbors still problamatic and management not responsive...right now they live in newer complex south of Vista Ridge Mall but have called police about their upstairs neighbors 2 or 3 times...mgmt no help...

Old 06-22-2009, 07:59 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,151,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newb2TX View Post
I will be working for DFW airport and don't want to commute more than 20 minutes (if that). All locations look and sound very nice but I need to narrow down my search. Willing to pay $750-$1000 for 2-bedroom apartment. I'm also 34 and single so feeling safe is key. I've been researching Euless, Irving, Grapevine and Carrollton. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
I would look near Grapevine mills on the Flower Mound, Grapevine border, there are some really awesome apartments but I don't know the price range. Also there are many others in Grapevine. You can't get too much closer DFW and be in a good area. Second would be Euless/Bedford. There are lots of apartment complexes, some used to be very nice but have taken a nose dive. I hear good and bad about Carrollton. the further north you do, the better but then you will be away from the airport. If it were me, the very first place I would consider would be Grapevine area.

Nita

Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 AM

11,819 posts, read 26,669,872 times
Look around in Grapevine itself. There are actually lots of small, single-building apartments that are tucked into some of the older neighborhoods. Many of these are really cute, and the neighborhoods are great! I can think of several in the Bellaire neighborhood (DH and I rented a house there for 6 years), and a group just across from the Botanical Gardens on Ball Street. Those have just been remodeled and have granite, hardwoods, etc. DO NOT rent any apartment on Mustang Drive in Grapevine. Another thought is to rent a house in Grapevine. You can find 2 bedroom cottages within your price range. But if you don't want to mess with the yard, then maybe an apartment will be better for you.

As Loves2read said, don't go with Lewisville, especially around Vista Ridge...

Old 06-22-2009, 09:32 AM

10 posts, read 32,136 times
honestly i get lost a lot and always end up at the frickin airport trying to turn around. anyway from my apt in las colinas its like MAYBE 15 minutes. avoid any apts directly off the highways, but those off main roads should be fine... it's a very nice and safe area. with summer it's a little more crowded, but if you avoid apts along 635 you should be fine.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,511,430 times
but if this job is going to last for years--then anyone commuting to DFW from Las Colinas has to consider the freeway expansion

Old 06-25-2009, 11:54 PM

108 posts, read 485,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newb2TX View Post
I would suggest either Las Colinas or Euless. Both fairly close to DFW Airport. Get an Apt Locator to assist you as well, it's a free service. Since you are new to Texas, I would highly recommend it.

Dallas/Ft. Worth Apartments

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas