U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 7,588 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Mansfield Texas soon, and really need a break down of the high schools. I prefer not to send my children to a mostly black school, although I do prefer some diversity. From what I can tell of sports pictures online, Timberview is a mostly black school, Legacy is a white school, Mansfield HS is mostly white with some diversity and I can't find any pictures of the Summit student body so I don't know. Any info on the racial makeup of the Mansfield high schools would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,051,602 times
Look up greatschools.net It will give you an ethnic breakdown.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:58 PM

8,969 posts, read 8,723,881 times
Here is the simple breakdown that I'll give you:

Mansfield: White, Asian
Summit: Black, Hispanic
Timberview: Black
Legacy: Black, White, Hispanic

Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM

557 posts, read 937,942 times
Look at the Texas Education Agency website......they have such info as well as school report cards, test scores, etc. Very helpful!

Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM

108 posts, read 286,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuperchic View Post
I am moving to Mansfield Texas soon, and really need a break down of the high schools. I prefer not to send my children to a mostly black school, although I do prefer some diversity. From what I can tell of sports pictures online, Timberview is a mostly black school, Legacy is a white school, Mansfield HS is mostly white with some diversity and I can't find any pictures of the Summit student body so I don't know. Any info on the racial makeup of the Mansfield high schools would be greatly appreciated.
You can get all this information on the AEIS website. Welcome to the Texas Education Agency

Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM

38 posts, read 71,464 times
80% african american, 18% Hispanic

Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 PM

6,586 posts, read 16,628,200 times
Mansfield High, 2,164 students, 13.7% low income
65.9% white
15.9% African-American
3.3% Asian
14.2% Hispanic

Legacy High, 2,039 students, 25% low income
64.5% white
12.7% African-American
2.4% Asian
19.9% Hispanic

Timberview High, 2, 054 students, 27.8% low income
24.6% white
46.4% African-American
7.6% Asian
21.0% Hispanic

Summit High 2,137 students, 30.5% low income
38.3% white
35.4% African-American
8.9% Asian
16.9% Hispanic

Old 10-22-2010, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,991 times
Default Racial division in Mansfield schools

[FONT=Verdana]Luckily for you Mansfield is primarily prejudice, as you are. So, the schools are ethnically divided.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Timber view and summit have more than 60% of the African American population in Mansfield.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]When the African American population of Mansfield is less than 20%[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Legacy has a high Hispanic and white population mainly because it is the districts high school ESL newcomer center. It consists of about 15% Afr. American students.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Mansfield has about 5% African American, more than 50% of Mansfield’s Asian population and 80 % white.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Mansfield school district even had a law suit brought against them for devising school boundaries that were racially segregated. So much so, that people who lived next door (2 miles away) to Mansfield high school were bused to schools more than 5 miles away.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]after the law suit , the racial threats, town hall meetings, threats to remove children from school if they had to attend with " Ni&@rs" simmered down, they redrew the lines to lessen the outrageous segregation of races and began to build schools like crazy. So that Mansfield high school could remain all whites and the minority population could be divided amongst the other 4 schools without rising suspicious.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]So to answer your question, if you are white just move into a private community, not many minorities are allowed in those areas, all the schools will be primarily white. If you aren't white, I don't know what to tell you... the town has subtle racial policies and attitudes towards ALL minorities not just blacks.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Enjoy your time in this city[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 10-22-2010, 06:28 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,629,162 times
Always seems to be one in every crowd. How you were able to determine all of this from the OP's post. Such perception. Truly amazing.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:06 AM

14,652 posts, read 28,016,236 times
I prefer not to send my children to a mostly black school, although I do prefer some diversity.
I think that comment is what made Sugarplum believe there might be some racism behind the OP's request...since there were no qualifications/explanations suggesting other reasons...

I just don't understand why there were all the coding keys in the post...I did not spend time trying to decipher the message...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas