Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM

185 posts, read 463,492 times

Advertisements

Back in the olden days we had us a small quaint Championship class 5a school there near OKC, thats Oklihoma City, Oklihoma for ya'll there strangers to these parts. One ol day, my baseball coach told us to get to packin, were headin up to Tulsa town to play us a good ol baseball tourneyment!?

Well come to find out, my slick buddies had more than baseball on they minds you see. Come to find out, they had them some fine wine coolers in they's dufflebags, ol boy. So you see, I was in a predicament, perdicament, however you say it. I was known as the brave one, so me and my buddy just had to get our hands on some alcohol to. Well gosh durn it, we looked on the other side of the motel and what do you know, a strip mall, with liquor store and all. I told my buddy, how much did your parents give you, he said $10 or so, I had $20 or $30, can't rightly recall, and that was plenty to try and get us some whiskey, your darn tootin, we weren't interested in no wine coolers you see, we were big timers, I mean at age 15, well thats a man, and men drink whiskey!

So shortly later, we decided to mosey on over there, no one was watchin us, our coaches were eatin the buffet, and lookin at ESPN or somethin or other. So we got to the side of the liquor store and we seen these 2 real tough lookin guys, kind of skinny and, well not mangy, but just a little unkept, you know. "Excuse me sir, (cough cough), excuse me, uh, can you get us a bottle?" Now these guys looked at us 2 preppy pimplefaced teenagers(well my buddy had pimples, not me), and they smiled at each other and said, "Sure men, what did you fellows have in mind?"

Well to make a long story short, we ended up with a 5th of Jack Daniels in a brown bag. So we were actually giggling like, not girls, but you know real happy like, and at first we walked oh so cool back toward the motel, then kind of broke out in a trot, lets get back, omg, what did we get ourselves into? So later that evening, I had drank nearly the whole 5th by myself, and most of my baseball teammates wouldnt touch the stuff(funny now they think its cool to drink Jack, but back then it was evil), and I was a layin there on the bed talkin to my girlfriend on the motel phone (no cell phones back then), my friends and buddies all filled in the room, about 7 or 8 of us, when someone knocked on the door, knock-knock. Hurry, hide all the booze, then answer the door. Darn it, if it wasnt those 2 tough lookin scraggly guys who had bought us the bottle! They just let themselves in, and had those same **** eatin grins on their faces they had earlier in the day. "You little ball players are gonna cough up some money, or we'll tell your coaches that you guys are in here drinkin!" Well, all of us were in a spot. Before my buddies startin crappin in their pants, I said, "Our coaches already know were drinkin, they told us to just stay in our rooms for the night." Then I got really brave, I mean a kind of drunk brave, I said, "Furthermore, us 8 guys could whip you 2 wimps anydays." as I got up and walked towards the bag of bats. I took one out, and handed 2 more bats to my buddies, and I said, " so, you 2 better get the heck out of dodge, or we'll show you what us little ballplayers are all about."

Now they didnt look so brave, and them smiles turned kind of up side down. Now as I felt in control, I wanted to teach these guys a lesson. So I started acted drunker than I really was, kind of staggered around the room takin swipes at the lamps and stuff, barely missin. I said, "Nah you bedder get out of heeeeerr, and give us you wallets to, or we gonna call the cops, you guys tryin to rob us, or molest us, you pedophile mofos."

I think we smoked a cigarette after they left, with their tails between their legs, but a couple of my buddies went and told the coaches that 2 scary guys came in are rooms, so the coaches came, saw my big bottle of Jack Daniels, and me smokin the cigarette, and I ended up sittin on the bench half the next day, and runnin wind sprints back at home for the rest of the season, my parents didnt say much. The good ol days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 05:17 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,766,241 times
I shared a cigarette in the boy's restroom in high school once. Usually I went outside during lunch, but a couple of times I did that between classes (had to hotbox it to avoid getting a tardy).

Old 07-07-2009, 07:53 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
I shared a cigarette in the boy's restroom in high school once. Usually I went outside during lunch, but a couple of times I did that between classes (had to hotbox it to avoid getting a tardy).
"hotbox it"

I wonder how many years it's been since I've heard that? LOL

Old 07-07-2009, 05:00 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times
I'm not a smoker but one time I snuck away and smoked a cigarette when I was about 8 years old. A friend of mine and I were at an old-fashioned church revival that both our parents had taken us too. Anyway, after the service our parents were standing out on the front lawn of the church talking and my buddy called me over to the side and whispered for me to follow him. I did and we ran behind the church and he then revealed two cigarettes and a small book of paper matches he had stolen from his father's coat pocket earlier. We proceeded to light up and of course I immediately started choking. Even though I hated it I wanted to be "cool" so I went ahead and did my best to finish the cigarette. About that time we heard his father yell for him so we quickly put out the cigarettes, he tossed the matches and we ran back out to the front lawn (I was still coughing on the run back). When we got to the front lawn my buddy and his family left and my father ushered us onto the car. Just when I thought my dad didn't notice anything he apparently got a whiff of the cigarette smoke from my clothes. He just looked at me and said "Alright son, where did you get the cigarettes?" I denied it of course. My dad grounded me for 3 days. He explained that he would've just given me one day for the smoking but because I lied about, I got 3...LOL

Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"hotbox it"

I wonder how many years it's been since I've heard that? LOL
There were some great stories on this thread!

And as you say, Houston3, "hotbox" it. How long since? I would have to go back to my senior year in high school in the "smoking hall." goodlordamercy...

Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 AM

185 posts, read 463,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
There were some great stories on this thread!

And as you say, Houston3, "hotbox" it. How long since? I would have to go back to my senior year in high school in the "smoking hall." goodlordamercy...
Hey, I'm glad you liked my story.....all of it true, cept the part about me askin for their wallets.......I'd a neva do a thing like dat

Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Ok y'all...every once in a while it is fun to revise an old thread. And at the same time, lighten up the mood a bit (BTW -- pun inended with lighten!).

Here is one that dates back a year or two ago. I am going to start a poll on it. Be honest with yer answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: