Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 04:19 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times

Advertisements

And I'm tired of all the toll roads. Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Do we HAVE to pick

Can we get a candidate to run that is actually worth voting for and will actually LISTEN to the people? I doubt it. Being that they are ALL nothing but "politicians" there isn't a one in the bunch that is probably 100% the best fit for the position. Anyway that would actually do the will of the people, do what is right and isn't just voting or passing legislation that doesn't pad their pockets doesn't want "in" the "business" of politics. Those people are too smart and they know to stay out of it for their sanity. Sad, very sad that this entire country has now done nothing but follow blindly "professional politicians" that couldn't survive in the real world in a real job one day if they had to.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM

277 posts, read 577,214 times
Also, I will vote for any candidate in any party who pledges to try and change the constitution so we can have a full-time government. Reps & Senators are elected, sworn in & work for 4 months. Come re-election time 16 months later, does anyone really remember what these chumps did or didn't do? We have a state with a population larger than Australia but only a part-time government. Its ludicrous.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:49 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gribbler View Post
Also, I will vote for any candidate in any party who pledges to try and change the constitution so we can have a full-time government. Reps & Senators are elected, sworn in & work for 4 months. Come re-election time 16 months later, does anyone really remember what these chumps did or didn't do? We have a state with a population larger than Australia but only a part-time government. Its ludicrous.
OMG, you want them in there LONGER??? Maybe it might be better if we keep them OUT!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Do we HAVE to pick

Can we get a candidate to run that is actually worth voting for and will actually LISTEN to the people? I doubt it. Being that they are ALL nothing but "politicians" there isn't a one in the bunch that is probably 100% the best fit for the position. Anyway that would actually do the will of the people, do what is right and isn't just voting or passing legislation that doesn't pad their pockets doesn't want "in" the "business" of politics. Those people are too smart and they know to stay out of it for their sanity. Sad, very sad that this entire country has now done nothing but follow blindly "professional politicians" that couldn't survive in the real world in a real job one day if they had to.
Most of them have survived many days and years in a real job!!!
\

Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
OMG, you want them in there LONGER??? Maybe it might be better if we keep them OUT!
I know, crazy that I want my government to actually govern. If they're working and getting paid a full-time salary perhaps they can spend more time listening and working for their constituents.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:12 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
Question: Why all the complaints about Tollroads? Would you rather have Tollroads, or surface roads that cannot handle the traffic capacity. Sure we all would like Freeways, but I admire TX. "Git 'er done" attitude in getting limited access highways built. Up here the NIMBY's stop the roads, the outer areas get all built up and then people complain "Why can't the roads handle the traffic?". At least TX attempts to build roads to handle the increased traffic in the developing/expanding areas. Oh, can we trade you Gov."Goodhair" for our former IL Gov "Goodhair"? PLEASE?

Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
And I'm tired of all the toll roads. Ridiculous.
Toll roads are the up and coming thing, no matter what state you live in. If they don't have them yet, they will, very soon. We had toll bridges in Ca 40 years ago and the same on the east coast. Do any of us like them? Nope, but they are going to continue. At least they give us top notch quality.

Nita

Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Question: Why all the complaints about Tollroads? Would you rather have Tollroads, or surface roads that cannot handle the traffic capacity. Sure we all would like Freeways, but I admire TX. "Git 'er done" attitude in getting limited access highways built. Up here the NIMBY's stop the roads, the outer areas get all built up and then people complain "Why can't the roads handle the traffic?". At least TX attempts to build roads to handle the increased traffic in the developing/expanding areas. Oh, can we trade you Gov."Goodhair" for our former IL Gov "Goodhair"? PLEASE?
Where are my highway tax dollars going if all I'm getting are tollroads in return?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gribbler View Post
As a left of center Dem I'd probably be voting for whoever wins that party's nomination. BUT I'm almost certain I'll be switching to the Repub primary just so I can vote for Kay. Sure our ideologies don't line up, but my logic is that there's a 90% chance a Republican wins in 2010. If that's how its going to be then I'd rather have a conservative that can at least address real issues, instead of doing nothing but fanning political fires.
As an independent (who has voted Dem, Rep. & Liberatarian the past 2 years).....I'll be doing the exact same thing. Perry has got to go.

His pandering to the religious right is one reason....but mostly he has to go because he's a lapdog for Developers & businesses that we (homeowners) are asked to subsidize.....& always to our financial detriment. To h*ll with him.

Plus I'd rather have a UT Breck Girl than an Aggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas