Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,764,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Has anyone else gotten an eye-full of these little beauties?

Bulls Balls® Hanging Truck Balls, Truck Nuts, Bumper Nuts, Truck Nutz
(1/2 way down page)

Isn't that a nice, unexpected conversation to have with your children as you're on your way to school in the groggy morning hours? Just the way I always wanted to start that *special* talk with my little ones. "Oh, look at that honey! Isn't that nice? Say, that reminds me...you know how mommy and daddy always say they love each other?"

Not to sound like the church lady or anything but I know a few states have outlawed these and yes, I know it's a waste of taxpayers dollars but if people would try policing themselves, not putting asinine sexual paraphernalia all over their cars to begin with... these stupid laws wouldn't have to be passed.

By the way, to my knowledge they're still legal in Texas so get 'em while they're hot!
You know, my wife and I were exposed to some truck balls yesterday afternoon. It's more a declaration of stupidity or an announcement of pathetic status on the part of the driver than anything else. We had a laugh over it and, sure enough, when we passed the driver he did not have a woman in the vehicle. Wasn't very surprised.

Even so, I think it would be a monumental waste of time and resources to attempt legislation to ban truck balls. I'm also not sure that dangling testes really qualify as a sexual symbol. Whether they are rubber, brass, iron or flesh - I don't think that a pair of exposed balls is necessarily titilating to many women or men. Rather, it's gross and pathetic with undertones of tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
They were funny the first time
Yep, the first time I saw them it was funny. Then it just got old. The shock value is now gone. Kind of like the kids w/ their underpants showing and the kids that have to walk with one hand holding up their pants. The first one doing it was "cool" and it was them trying to be different. Now it's just old news and we just laugh at the fools that THINK they are being "different" when in fact they are NOT "different". There is a whole group of these "different" people expressing their "individuality". Just have to laugh at them.

Quote:
It's common sense.
When you are in public you have to abide by certain standards...you have to be aware of your surroundings and act appropriately.
I think most people understand that.

I'm just saying people should have more common sense.
After a certain point ...
COMMON SENSE?!?!?! That went out the window a LONG time ago. Not even mature adults that are more "repectable" have much of it. Like the idiot behind me yesterday at a 4-way stop. She honked at me to go. I had my left turn signal on and was waiting for the car opposite me to turn right as they were ahead of ME and for the PEDESTRIAN to finish crossing the street in front of me. Yet the woman in the "luxury" suv honked at me. Not knocking her ride as I was in a luxury sedan. She just didn't have any COMMON SENSE and did not see what was going on around her. Just that there was someone in front of her that was holding her up for a few seconds. There are inept people all over now. Trying to ban these based on "common sense" would be outlawing every action that way too many people do on a daily basis. Our jails are not big enough nor is our police force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
You know, my wife and I were exposed to some truck balls yesterday afternoon. It's more a declaration of stupidity or an announcement of pathetic status on the part of the driver than anything else. We had a laugh over it and, sure enough, when we passed the driver he did not have a woman in the vehicle. Wasn't very surprised.

Even so, I think it would be a monumental waste of time and resources to attempt legislation to ban truck balls. I'm also not sure that dangling testes really qualify as a sexual symbol. Whether they are rubber, brass, iron or flesh - I don't think that a pair of exposed balls is necessarily titilating to many women or men. Rather, it's gross and pathetic with undertones of tragedy.

FYI, my husband drives a big truck and he doesn't have them on it nor is his truck a "tool" to compensate for other areas of him

Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,156,860 times
They are really stupid and I suppose they say something about the owner of the vehicle.

But I think fake boobs are just as stupid and say a lot about the person with them.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,689,699 times
Quote:
By any chance did he have blue ones hanging under the bumper?

I've seen these things for at least a couple years but haven't noticed them as much nowadays.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Well, we all know what the big truck itself represents...
I'm sure I and all the women I know or know of who drive big trucks would like to know what you think big trucks represent!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:34 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
I can't believe that some people have the balls to put balls on their trailer hitch . . . well, you know what I mean Truly tacky.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 AM

394 posts, read 1,256,435 times
Quote:

X2

-Eric

Old 08-26-2009, 08:14 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,280,740 times
Quote:
You know if that's what I want for my child that's what I'll do...but forcing other people to see something
that the majority of people in a community find offensive...for the sole purpose of offending them is illegal.

It's called obscenity laws...we do it all the time. It's common sense.
When you are in public you have to abide by certain standards...you have to be aware of your surroundings and act appropriately.
I think most people understand that.

So, yes, if someone is ignorant enough to adorn their automobile with a honkin' big **** I guess I do think they should be fined
to help contribute to education...to break the cycle ...you see?

Do you require cows to wear pants in your world too?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:23 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,610,944 times
I think they're a little hokey. And the blue ones remind me too much of my teenage years.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
I think they say more about the owner tha anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: