U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-18-2009, 05:42 PM

430 posts, read 532,952 times
"The system has a total enrollment of over 190,000 students. Its flagship institution is the University of Texas at Austin.
The university system had an operating budget of $10 billion in 2007, with research expenditures totaling over $1.8 billion."

"Same can be said of other large school entities - Tex A&M and Baylor, for example."

These are very impressive numbers, and one may say, overwhelming as well. Here's me, a humble guy who came up with an idea, implemented it, and genuinely believe it would benefit many many students, question is, how to reach a small percentage of them who's most likely immediately see its value, embrace it, and then we go from here. Thanks ppl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-19-2009, 08:21 AM

8,612 posts, read 7,405,069 times
It's too bad we can't follow California's system. They demolish Texas'.

Unread 09-19-2009, 10:51 AM

720 posts, read 683,040 times
Yeah..they demolish Texas..except for the part about the whole state going broke, and being a super high Tax state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
It's too bad we can't follow California's system. They demolish Texas'.

Unread 09-19-2009, 10:57 AM

12 posts, read 9,051 times
Smile ummm

idk what you mean my student number... but some are

university of texas
texas tech
texas a&m
southern methodist
texas state
baylor
rice university
devry university
u.w.i. or u.i.w
agrosy

hope i was of help

Unread 09-19-2009, 12:15 PM

8,612 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
Yeah..they demolish Texas..except for the part about the whole state going broke, and being a super high Tax state.
Uh...have you not seen the way California's university system is setup? The Cal States and University of Cali systems demolish UT's and A&M's. I am betting you don't have a clue about their system. They have a lot more Tier 1 universities than Texas does (we have two, UT and A&M, and they have 8 on the University of Cali system alone). Somehow, I knew someone with no knowledge on Cali's system would try to bring out the broke argument. Figures.

Unread 09-19-2009, 01:11 PM

430 posts, read 532,952 times
Just a quick note, thank you all for the wonderful insights and info bits, keep it coming... yeah I'm greedy in that sense.

And your thoughts on the following?

Strategy A
go to the tier 2 first, sort of testing ground, once proven, it's well received and picked up a few things here and there go after tier 1 ... less risky bet

Strategy B
go to the tier 1 first, you sort of altruism yourself and you bet the brightest ones are more likely to pick up what's truly valuable and meaningful to them and their feedback would be more useful as well, then "conquer" the rest would seem not big obstacle... more risk more reward

Strategy C
going after both tiers at the same time, and see which category would fair better, make changes quickly / adapt quickly to meet with the unplanned/unexpected... risk and calculation

Deeply indebted,

Unread 09-22-2009, 10:57 AM

185 posts, read 250,366 times
UTPA rules!!!!

Unread 09-22-2009, 09:10 PM

25,171 posts, read 31,098,980 times
Tier's don't mean anything. It is only about how much money the college has. UT's main campus is blagh in almost every way yet it is rich. I don't get that? Somebody explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme2010 View Post
Just a quick note, thank you all for the wonderful insights and info bits, keep it coming... yeah I'm greedy in that sense.

And your thoughts on the following?

Strategy A
go to the tier 2 first, sort of testing ground, once proven, it's well received and picked up a few things here and there go after tier 1 ... less risky bet

Strategy B
go to the tier 1 first, you sort of altruism yourself and you bet the brightest ones are more likely to pick up what's truly valuable and meaningful to them and their feedback would be more useful as well, then "conquer" the rest would seem not big obstacle... more risk more reward

Strategy C
going after both tiers at the same time, and see which category would fair better, make changes quickly / adapt quickly to meet with the unplanned/unexpected... risk and calculation

Deeply indebted,

Unread 09-23-2009, 02:50 PM

158 posts, read 160,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Tier's don't mean anything. It is only about how much money the college has. UT's main campus is blagh in almost every way yet it is rich. I don't get that? Somebody explain.

Easy explanation. You are a mentally deranged person who hates everything Austin. You might be the biggest ******* of all the messageboards in the history of the internets.

Hope that helps!

Unread 09-23-2009, 08:01 PM

25,171 posts, read 31,098,980 times
The place is looking more and more like Gaza minus the beautiful beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAustin View Post
Easy explanation. You are a person who hates everything Austin.

Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas