Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:50 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,618,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Locals colloquially call it 'fruit city.' Nowadays it lives up to the name.
I always thought that Orange had appeal. (get it?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 03:28 AM

2 posts, read 2,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGirlMN View Post
Hello everyone,

I realize this is an old thread. I am still hoping for some responses. If all goes as planned I should be moving to Beaumont in the next couple of weeks. I have a job lined up down there and I have rented a house. All without going to Beaumont once. Needless to say this is a bit scary. I understand that rental homes don't come with appliances. Is there a good place to buy one (even used) so I don't have to move mine all the way from Minnesota?
Are you with a radio group or ??? With the name DJGirl I was curious as to why you would move to SE TX for a job, etc.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:12 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,692,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGirlMN View Post
Hello everyone,

I realize this is an old thread. I am still hoping for some responses. If all goes as planned I should be moving to Beaumont in the next couple of weeks. I have a job lined up down there and I have rented a house. All without going to Beaumont once. Needless to say this is a bit scary. I understand that rental homes don't come with appliances. Is there a good place to buy one (even used) so I don't have to move mine all the way from Minnesota?
You are making a big mistake moving down here.I had two friends from up north come down here. One lived in orange, the other lived in nederland and they both left before a year was up. People are friendly only if they know you and if you went to school here, otherwise its as closed-minded as you can get. You will encounter some racism here, as for port arthur it's is not all bad, my best friend lives in griffin park, i stayed a few months and then left. It was the nicest area, very quiet and peaceful..also green, wish all of PA was like that.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,946,267 times
It is actually Griffing Park. :-) I drove through there a couple of years ago and was surprised at how run down it is now compared to what it was even in the '80's. PA has gone seriously down hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas