Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times

Advertisements

Last weekend, A&M beat Texas Tech 52-30. That was a shocker! Maybe they aren't so bad after all.

As far as bands are concerned, the U of North Texas band is great! The football team is pitiable, but with the UNT School of Music being so highly regarded, thanks mainly to the jazz Lab Band program, there are a lot of great musicians there. Go to a game for the halftime show not the game itself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
UNT is a great school -super attitude towards its students. They don't care as much about sports and don' t have the kind of money to waste on athletics. Best in Texas at Public Administration too.

Moderator cut: personal/off-topic

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 10-27-2009 at 07:51 AM..

Old 10-27-2009, 11:03 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LOL Now THAT's an interesting take on it, TW. I don't much disagree. I'd only slightly change it like this:

1. Longhorns
2. Texas teams
3. Big 12 SOUTH teams
4. SEC teams
5. Whoever is playing USC and/or Notre Dame! LOL

What about the rest of y'all?
Howdy Reb, long time no see! As always, superb posts here.

I'm having to rethink my order now as my eldest is now an Aggie in Training.... meaning he is rooming with some Aggies but getting his core stuff out of the way at Blinn before transferring over next year.

Being a Georgia native now in TX, I have a slightly different take on things.

1. UGA or GA Tech, whichever is having a better year (in a pinch would go with Tech since my dad and brother are alumni)
2. Any other SEC team (even tho I hate Florida during UGA game)
3. Maybe I can insert Aggies here
4. ACC teams from the Carolinas south
5. Most Texas teams after UT (the ex being a grad has kind of turned me against them, sorry... and the kids outside of the eldest at A&M are now big UT fans even tho #2 is considering Baylor)
6. Anyone playing USC, OSU or any of those perinneally overranked non Big 12 or SEC schools.
7. The underdog in any game not involving any of the above teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: