Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:46 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times

Advertisements

As for the execution - I am 100% for the Death Penalty -its needs to be expanded. 30 years of prosecuting and defending criminals proves to me very few are ever remorseful. On the other hand I only want really guilty people to be punished. When I was the DA (Willacy County) I had to have both the evidence of guilt in front of me and I had to feel it in my heart and know it in my brain that the person was guilty-- if they were Nail Em!

Unfortunately Perry has lied to us assuming we are all idiots when it comes to the law. He said ""over 9 courts looked at the evidence and found him guity" MISLEADING. Most of those courts had a specific issue and they did not retry or even read the entire case. For example ruling on whether a certain piece of evidence should have been admitted - does not mean they have any opinion on the ultimate innocence or guilt.

I'm biased I suppose because when I hear Perry I always remember something my local GOP Chairman once told me. Bush wanted Perry appointed because he didn't want someone smarter than he was, because Bush was always concerned with looking good. That always makes me want to barf ( and that chair was a well connected attorney - totally honest).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 07:57 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
sorry,
you guys do a little more research and you'll discover the guy WAS guilty.
this has nothing to do with rick...

Old 10-24-2009, 09:15 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
I'm biased I suppose because when I hear Perry I always remember something my local GOP Chairman once told me. Bush wanted Perry appointed because he didn't want someone smarter than he was, because Bush was always concerned with looking good. That always makes me want to barf ( and that chair was a well connected attorney - totally honest).>>

I remember when the Dallas Morning News came right out in their editorial page and called Perry (not a decision of his, but HIM) "stupid and mean." This was well before the last run for governer and I don't recall what Perry had done for the DMN to come out so strongly against him. Of course later they endorsed him for governer again. I never got that.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:21 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I don't think I ever met a Texan that actually liked Rick Perry, but somewhere they must exist in large numbers because this idiot keeps getting elected. Who are these people? Where do they live? What is wrong with them?
When I lived in Texas, I voted for Perry for no other reason than his opponents were so awful and so much worse!!

Having said that, I've never been a fan of the man, period. He was just the lesser of the evils at the time.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM

277 posts, read 577,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
As for the execution - I am 100% for the Death Penalty -its needs to be expanded. 30 years of prosecuting and defending criminals proves to me very few are ever remorseful. On the other hand I only want really guilty people to be punished.
Expanded to whom? Burglars? Stoners? People who abuse animals?

On the other hand, you never know who's 100% guilty. Just ask all the guys that Craig Watkins is busy letting free because of the justice system we have.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:52 PM

277 posts, read 577,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
sorry,
So?

The issue is whether or not he got a fair trial, or was convicted on actual evidence and not junk science. And your governor is trying to cover up that he gave no second thoughts about sending a man to his death despite the fact that he didn't receive a fair trial. That doesn't bother you?

Old 10-25-2009, 05:08 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
sorry,
Care to share your findings?

Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gribbler View Post
So?

The issue is whether or not he got a fair trial, or was convicted on actual evidence and not junk science. And your governor is trying to cover up that he gave no second thoughts about sending a man to his death despite the fact that he didn't receive a fair trial. That doesn't bother you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Care to share your findings?
yea, its called "Google"
learn it.
use it.

while you're at it, try to comprehend what it takes to get to sit in the chair. The checks and balances are staggering. Perry simply has final say on yea or nea...

when all this first came up I read enough on it to understand it was simple witch hunt for perry, whom I do NOT endorse or have every voted for (sorry to let you down, dribbler)

Old 10-25-2009, 07:00 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,747,540 times
I think Perry is a royal screw up and handled the Willingham case badly from start to finish but to say we executed an innocent man isn't saying the same thing.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:15 PM

218 posts, read 580,308 times
If you carefully research the story and leave out all the spin from Kay Bailey Hutchison's campaign camp, the man was guilty of a truly heinous crime. He was executed lawfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas