Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Don't listen to this guy. Hate Dallas. Hate it with all your heart brah.
We all know you liked Dallas so much that u hated being here because you kept noticing all the good stuff about Dallas that you never knew about.....you started feeling like you was cheating on Houston because you probably grew up learning to hate Dallas. When you finally got back to Houston you was eager to find out some stuff you never knew about Houston to confirm the thought of Houston being just as good as Dallas.........Now there is a little sarcasm with this post but not really. Reading all of your post when you were in Dallas sounded like a person holding back their admiration because of being from Houston.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
We all know you liked Dallas so much that u hated being here because you kept noticing all the good stuff about Dallas that you never knew about.....you started feeling like you was cheating on Houston because you probably grew up learning to hate Dallas. When you finally got back to Houston you was eager to find out some stuff you never knew about Houston to confirm the thought of Houston being just as good as Dallas.........Now there is a little sarcasm with this post but not really. Reading all of your post when you were in Dallas sounded like a person holding back their admiration because of being from Houston.
Man you only wish.

I try to be fair about Dallas but when I hear comments like these, it's a wonder why the whole state doesn't hate Dallas. I give Dallas props for its skyline and architecture but you seem to have blinders on to Houston, making snide remarks like used motor oil poured over! Ha. Classic

Old 06-27-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Man you only wish.

I try to be fair about Dallas but when I hear comments like these, it's a wonder why the whole state doesn't hate Dallas. I give Dallas props for its skyline and architecture but you seem to have blinders on to Houston, making snide remarks like used motor oil poured over! Ha. Classic
Those are not snide remarks...When Tre lived in Dallas he would give props when due but is was skewed all the time....and I can admit when i moved to houston I didnt even know it existed..I fell in love...but...that too was the very reason I got so homesick...i realized that I didnt appreciate Dallas before I got down to Houston(I was young). So I wanted to get my but home to discover what it had to offer. And it was then that I realized how much better Dallas was.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:14 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,513 times
Lolol, this guys joking right? Just because one person views something as better doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. We know nothing about you or what you prefer. For all we know your one of those stereotypical Dallasite pretentious douchebags that go after those dime a dozen women with the fake breasts that prance around town looking for attention. Who's to say we should take your opinion seriously? Especially after being so ignorant and close minded towards anything Houston related.

the middle part of that paragraph was sarcasm poking fun at some of your ridiculous statements of Houston.. stereotypes arent always true...

Last edited by TexasTallest; 06-27-2013 at 06:35 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Lolol, this guys joking right? Just because one person views something as better doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. We know nothing about you or what you prefer. For all we know your one of those stereotypical Dallasite pretentious douchebags that go after those dime a dozen women with the fake breasts that prance around town looking for attention. Who's to say we should take your opinion seriously? Especially after being so ignorant and close minded towards anything Houston related.

the middle part of that paragraph was sarcasm poking fun at some of your ridiculous statements of Houston.. stereotypes arent always true...
Its lots of stuff that i like about houston. As i stated before i fell in love with Houston when i went off to school there. It was bigger,a faster pace, the skyline was HUGE to me even then(fall 98). I came back home as an adult...I THEN discovered Dallas. And i fell in love. Dallas showed me that as a kid you don't notice the things that make a city great. You have to be an adult to really enjoy it to the fullest and it really showed me what Houston was missing.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
What Houston ismissing? Lmao. Get off it boi

Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Its lots of stuff that i like about houston. As i stated before i fell in love with Houston when i went off to school there. It was bigger,a faster pace, the skyline was HUGE to me even then(fall 98). I came back home as an adult...I THEN discovered Dallas. And i fell in love. Dallas showed me that as a kid you don't notice the things that make a city great. You have to be an adult to really enjoy it to the fullest and it really showed me what Houston was missing.
How can Dallas show you what Houston is missing when you were really still a kid when you lived in Houston?

1998 was when you lived here? Do you know how much Houston has dramatically changed in the last 15 years? Lightrail didn't exist then, along with Toyota Center, Reliant Stadium, and countless new developments in which I don't care to go in to. Hell, most of your Dallas developments didn't even exist back then either? Victory, Cityplace/subway, Mockingbird Station had just been built, and the Uptown concept was just getting started.

I've only been in Houston since 2004 and have really seen a dramatic change in the cityscape here.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
What Houston ismissing? Lmao. Get off it boi
Yes....what it was missing...for example:

*When I lived in Houston I didn't have a car, I was in school. I STILL had a blast because we rode the bus everywhere....it was fun. When i got back to dallas i started looking for a job and i realized how much better DART was over Metro. And that was was by accident.

*When I was in Houston me and my friends were club heads. We went everywhere. Chocolate Town,jamaica Jamaica,max's,carringtons and some i cant remeber...I LOVED IT. When i got home I continued the trend and stayed a club head. I went to Main Street sports bar($2 u call it on wed) Club Nairobi, Palm Beach and later Club Blue and Purgatory. All of those clubs we're JUMPING and all on main sreet in Downtown Dallas. We were all over the place in Houston.

*........The State Fair of Texas.....PERIOD!...The Houston Rodeo never quite quenched my thirst like the whole vibe an astmosphere that comes with the state fair...and i gave it alot of chances to woo me over.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:02 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,513 times
the largest rodeo in the world didnt quench your thirst enough for farm animals? i cant wait for the replies to this one.. like stoneclaw said, Houston didnt even have light rail back in 1998. as for the nightlife? thats evolved so much over the last decade its ridiculous.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
the largest rodeo in the world didnt quench your thirst enough for farm animals? i cant wait for the replies to this one.. like stoneclaw said, Houston didnt even have light rail back in 1998. as for the nightlife? thats evolved so much over the last decade its ridiculous.
We had light rail......
Hmmmmm State Fair or Rodeo????? Which one would you pick? (Don't be bias)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas