Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times

Advertisements

heres a pretty cool little write up on Pennzoil Place with a picture i havent seen before.. neat temporary skybridges linking the twin towers near the top for the workers.. that must have been exhilarating standing between the two towers on those rickety bridges. its interesting to read that this building went up during a recession (a building built for a gasoline/motor oil company during the oil crisis no less..).

AGC Houston | Behind the Building

Old 07-02-2013, 07:43 PM

6,689 posts, read 9,935,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
heres a pretty cool little write up on Pennzoil Place with a picture i havent seen before.. neat temporary skybridges linking the twin towers near the top for the workers.. that must have been exhilarating standing between the two towers on those rickety bridges. its interesting to read that this building went up during a recession (a building built for a gasoline/motor oil company during the oil crisis no less..).

Wow! That's cool.

+1

Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 PM

TexasTallest, here's Fountain Place under construction.

Here's the original plan of Fountain Place. The 2nd tower wasn't built because of the savings and loan crisis. The 2nd tower would have been at a 90 degree angle from the first tower.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
TexasTallest, here's Fountain Place under construction.

Here's the original plan of Fountain Place. The 2nd tower wasn't built because of the savings and loan crisis. The 2nd tower would have been at a 90 degree angle from the first tower.
very neat picture, i love construction photos. honestly im glad they didnt make a second fountain place. it would take away from the uniqueness of the building IMO. a second BOA tower on the other hand, would have been very cool and really helped out the skyline. i wish Houston would get some taller twin towers that stand out in the skyline.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
very neat picture, i love construction photos. honestly im glad they didnt make a second fountain place. it would take away from the uniqueness of the building IMO. a second BOA tower on the other hand, would have been very cool and really helped out the skyline.
Agreed, but I do wish they would have built the fountains where the 2nd tower would have been instead of putting a parking lot there. The fountains at the base of Fountain Place are pretty.

If I was a billionaire I would have built the twin tower to BOA Plaza, even if it wasn't needed.

This would have looked awesome

Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:

Pennzoil Place & Fountain Place remind me a lot of each other only one is black & has two connected towers the other is a single blue glass tower.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
appreciated those historic construction photos of pennzoil and fountain place

Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Pennzoil Place & Fountain Place remind me a lot of each other only one is black & has two connected towers the other is a single blue glass tower.
i always thought Fountain Place took a lot of cues from Pennzoil Place (they say Pennzoil Place started the post modernism movement).. the angles remind me a lot of the lines on Fountain Place. Dallasites should be thanking Houston for inspiring one of their nicest looking buildings.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
appreciated those historic construction photos of pennzoil and fountain place
There's more

Dallas City Hall

Reunion Tower and Hyatt Regency Hotel

BOA Plaza

Renaissance Tower

Old 07-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Some articles I found on the internet

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas