Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 PM

581 posts, read 924,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
1. Dallas is purposely and subconsciously phony, fake and pretentious.

2. Dallas has ingrained in its DNA to hate Houston...always.
I neither hate nor despise Houston. In fact, I admire Houston for having all those skyscrapers and being the gateway to Mexico. The mother of my two sons, my ex-wife, is a Mexican and she hates Houston!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 PM

122 posts, read 222,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyman View Post
Dallas has always been a lot bigger than Houston sophistication wise. Pay them no mind . . . ahem. Oh! Look here! DFW has 8 Costcos to Houston only having 3!
You base the sophistication of a city on the number of Costco stores it has?

Please take this to a different thread. This thread is about skylines.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 PM

298 posts, read 416,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
1. Dallas is purposely and subconsciously phony, fake and pretentious.

2. Dallas has ingrained in its DNA to hate Houston...always.
1. Ok, how? Please explain.

2. Born and raised in Dallas, don't hate Houston. Nor do I know any Dallasites that do, we'll barely any. In fact, a lot of Houstonians I've met hate Dallas, but I usually don't pay any mind to them because I know I can't base my judgments of 6,000,000 people on 5. You should probably do the same.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:44 PM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,339 times
Default Houston Is The Winner Here

Quote:
Dallas has always been a lot bigger than Houston sophistication wise. Pay them no mind . . . ahem. Oh! Look here! DFW has 8 Costcos to Houston only having 3!
Dallas wishes it was as classy, sophisticated and cosmopolitan as Houston: that's what Dallas' hate for Houston is all about. Everyone in the world knows that truth. If it weren't for Lynn Wyatt, Becca Thrash, Diane Lockey Farb and the rest of Houston High-Society, Texas would practically have none at all. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

Last edited by TXT; 08-19-2013 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Wording

Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 PM

568 posts, read 901,083 times
I hope people from other states do not read this thread. Posters from both cities are embarrassing themselves and Texas. The insecurities on display are exasperating. I don't know why I keep coming into this thread considering how irritating it is. I can't even count how many times this thread has been derailed and went off topic to compare other aspects of the cities.

Last edited by xsatyr; 08-19-2013 at 09:29 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 PM

298 posts, read 416,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
I hope people from other states do not read this thread. Posters from both cities are embarrassing themselves and Texas. The insecurities on display is exasperating. I don't know why I keep coming into this thread considering how irritating it is. I can't even count how many times this thread has been derailed and went off topic to compare other aspects of the cities.
This.
Also that luxury thread too.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM

157 posts, read 316,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
I hope people from other states do not read this thread. Posters from both cities are embarrassing themselves and Texas. The insecurities on display is exasperating. I don't know why I keep coming into this thread considering how irritating it is. I can't even count how many times this thread has been derailed and went off topic to compare other aspects of the cities.
I could not agree more. It is humiliating to see what is written here for people around the country to read. we shame ourselves.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 PM

568 posts, read 901,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
This.
Also that luxury thread too.
I have yet to venture into that thread. That's probably a good thing. I come into this thread expecting to see beautiful skyline pics from two great Texas cities. Instead...

Old 08-19-2013, 10:20 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
I neither hate nor despise Houston. In fact, I admire Houston for having all those skyscrapers and being the gateway to Mexico. The mother of my two sons, my ex-wife, is a Mexican and she hates Houston!
Gateway to Mexico?

That would be McAllen, Texas.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,020 times
Default lol

of course houston has a better skyline, they ***** their air quality out to big oil companies for their own profits and the result is you get huge skyscrapers in the central business district that the plebeians get to gaze upon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
thanks for posting my photo! it's a telephoto shot looking up at the skyline so the 5 huge skyscrapers seem much closer together and everything appears taller than it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas