Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,012 times

Advertisements

You know what they say, size does matter…but how you use it is also very important. If New York were broken into five or six small skylines it wouldn't be as impressive. That's what makes a skyline great...seeing everything lumped into one big mass.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:45 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,271,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
You know what they say, size does matter…but how you use it is also very important. If New York were broken into five or six small skylines it wouldn't be as impressive. That's what makes a skyline great...seeing everything lumped into one big mass.
Your point is moot. You are talking as if Houston's single downtown skyline doesn't carry its own weight. True it would be more impressive if all the skylines were combined into one, but you talk as if Dallas has accomplished this and Houston hasn't. Dallas combined Upttown District/downtown is just now catching on board with downtown Houston with still a little ways before it actually catches it.

And plus, i like the fact that Houston has multiple clusters. It makes it feel more urban and developed overall. When i'm in Dallas, it feels as though downtown is the only game in town, surrounded by nothing but open grazeland. New York still has that cluttered feeling that Houston has

In the meantime, Houston can just sit back and fill in the holes that are already in progress with the Skyhouse and all the proposed towers that are set to break ground within the next few months.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:17 AM

286 posts, read 406,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Your point is moot. You are talking as if Houston's single downtown skyline doesn't carry its own weight. True it would be more impressive if all the skylines were combined into one, but you talk as if Dallas has accomplished this and Houston hasn't. Dallas combined Upttown District/downtown is just now catching on board with downtown Houston with still a little ways before it actually catches it.

And plus, i like the fact that Houston has multiple clusters. It makes it feel more urban and developed overall. When i'm in Dallas, it feels as though downtown is the only game in town, surrounded by nothing but open grazeland. New York still has that cluttered feeling that Houston has

In the meantime, Houston can just sit back and fill in the holes that are already in progress with the Skyhouse and all the proposed towers that are set to break ground within the next few months.
No it doesn't, keep lying to yourself. Deep down inside you wish that they were combined. There is nothing that screams urban about that mess you guys call "no-zoning" laws....And another Houston poster comparing NYC to their town. Have you ever been to NYC? Have you ever came out of the Lincoln tunnel and "BAM", Manhattan!!!!! Have you ever watched the Manhattan skyline from the sky bridge in Jersey? Have you ever looked at the city's skyline from a ferry leaving Staten Island to Battery Park? How is Houston comparable? Please elaborate.

Houston's skyline is not, let me repeat, not comparable to New York's at all. Please, for the love of God Houston boosters visit New York and report back on how Houston's skyline reminds them of NYC's. Stop the madness. I know you love your city and all but stop looking at images on google and start traveling. Good Lord!!!!!!!

Last edited by curtbr72; 12-13-2013 at 12:32 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 12:44 AM
BCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I wouldn't focus so much on filling in the holes as I would the other 900,000 parking lots.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:59 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
No it doesn't, keep lying to yourself. Deep down inside you wish that they were combined. There is nothing that screams urban about that mess you guys call "no-zoning" laws....And another Houston poster comparing NYC to their town. Have you ever been to NYC? Have you ever came out of the Lincoln tunnel and "BAM", Manhattan!!!!! Have you ever watched the Manhattan skyline from the sky bridge in Jersey? Have you ever looked at the city's skyline from a ferry leaving Staten Island to Battery Park? How is Houston comparable? Please elaborate.

Houston's skyline is not, let me repeat, not comparable to New York's at all. Please, for the love of God Houston boosters visit New York and report back on how Houston's skyline reminds them of NYC's. Stop the madness. I know you love your city and all but stop looking at images on google and start traveling. Good Lord!!!!!!!
yes , must people have , stop thinking that any one cares that yu are a native NY.. how they view it is how they view it and your little rants will not change that, Once agin you arrogantly assume that people have not been to NY . even when people who are not from Houston , says such things,you want to challange it .like achild who refuses to accpet that others dont see it your way

Old 12-13-2013, 01:05 AM
BCB

If we want to be taken seriously then we must construct sentences free of spelling errors. That's a given.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
If we want to be taken seriously then we must construct sentences free of spelling errors. That's a given.
If you seek to be taken serious on city data, then you seriously need a life

Old 12-13-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
yes , must people have , stop thinking that any one cares that yu are a native NY.. how they view it is how they view it and your little rants will not change that, Once agin you arrogantly assume that people have not been to NY . even when people who are not from Houston , says such things,you want to challange it .like achild who refuses to accpet that others dont see it your way
Houston's skyline is nothing like NYC. Since you've been to New York were did you stay and what places did you visit? What part of New Yorks skyline reminded you of Houston, Midtown or Downtown?

You call me a child because I said Houston's skyline is not comparable to New York. Get a grip dude, it's a fact. You are delusional to even suggest otherwise.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
Houston's skyline is nothing like NYC. Since you've been to New York were did you stay and what places did you visit? What part of New Yorks skyline reminded you of Houston, Midtown or Downtown?

You call me a child because I said Houston's skyline is not comparable to New York. Get a grip dude, it's a fact. You are delusional to even suggest otherwise.
I called you a child because you go on this inane rants, and have the nerve to call other people deslusional... It you who seem to need to get a Grip.

Why because they dont agree with you ??? So what like a child you think if yopu stoump your feet hard enough it will change their views ?

I dont like Houston and Dallas being compared but there it is, is,nt . It would,nt change the view of thosew who want to compare it.. So kill you little inane rants

I stayed on my ship since it was fleet week, I visted parts of brookyn since my liberity buddy is from there and wanted to see his wife... I did the typical tourist spots as well and some dive bars it his hood... I found the skyline pressive, and that is why most people say things like HOUSTON SKYLINE reminds them of a mini NY. but you seem to want to insist that they are some how comparing Houston to NYC.. Why because they thing that both have large skylines ? That front certain heights can be quit impressive ? That is what shovels a bug up your rear???lol.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
I called you a child because you go on this inane rants, and have the nerve to call other people deslusional... It you who seem to need to get a Grip.

Why because they dont agree with you ??? So what like a child you think if yopu stoump your feet hard enough it will change their views ?

I dont like Houston and Dallas being compared but there it is, is,nt . It would,nt change the view of thosew who want to compare it.. So kill you little inane rants
Huh? Because I state facts. Again have you been to New York? Simple question buddy. And Houston and Dallas are very comparable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas