Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 01:45 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
Huh? Because I state facts. Again have you been to New York? Simple question buddy. And Houston and Dallas are very comparable.
PAY ATTENTION THICK HEAD, I said I dont like them being compared , but there it is.. Did anyone say that hey dont share certain sismiar things ??? I said I dont like it does not change someone else view that is the one thing you refuse to get about somebody making a comment about NYC and Houston as far a skyline

Old 12-13-2013, 01:47 AM

286 posts, read 406,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth713 View Post
pay attention thick head, i said i dont like them being compared , but there it is.. Did anyone say that hey dont share certain sismiar things ??? I said i dont like it does not change someone else view that is the one thing you refuse to get about somebody making a comment about nyc and houston as far a skyline
o......................................k.......... ...................

Old 12-13-2013, 10:04 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
I don't understand the NYC comparison either. Brooklyn skyline is more impressive than any Texas skyline.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I don't understand the NYC comparison either. Brooklyn skyline is more impressive than any Texas skyline.
Yeah it seems that some of these Houston posters have never ventured out of Harris county. I wouldn't Brooklyn's skyline is more impressive than Houston's or Dallas' but it's impressive none the least.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM

297 posts, read 476,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas is absolutely nothing like Los Angeles. Not its skyline, sucky inland location on a barren prairie, or anything!

Houston is Texas' version of LA without the mountains, pleasurable climate, & pretentiousness. Strikingly similar skylines (Houston's is taller on average) palm trees all over the city, & extreme diversity all make Houston, LA's closest cousin outside of possibly Miami.
LOL. Actually, you're right. Houston DOES feel like L.A. I was being funny. :P

Although the palm trees and the 'feel' is about it.

If you EVER go into L.A. you will IMMEDIATELY feel how CROWDED it is.

It blows Houston away. But not Dallas.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:26 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Please, do not be biased. Though Dallas does have a good skyline, in my opinion Houston has a slightly better one. Just the shear size and tallness is what makes it good. Houston is also very good architecture wise, though Dallas does do slightly better in that category. In the end though, Houston has both the size and architecture to compete with.
Thank you, its one thing to have a hometown bias, but its another to completely ignore the presented facts and tout your own as better when its not.

Quote:
Other Houston cheerleaders have, just go back a couple of posts.
dude, your delusional. one Houston poster said their EX-WIFE (who was NOT from Houston) said Houston reminded her of NYC and now your trying to say that we said Houston is like NYC when in reality we never even said that...

Old 12-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Your point is moot. You are talking as if Houston's single downtown skyline doesn't carry its own weight. True it would be more impressive if all the skylines were combined into one, but you talk as if Dallas has accomplished this and Houston hasn't. Dallas combined Upttown District/downtown is just now catching on board with downtown Houston with still a little ways before it actually catches it.

And plus, i like the fact that Houston has multiple clusters. It makes it feel more urban and developed overall. When i'm in Dallas, it feels as though downtown is the only game in town, surrounded by nothing but open grazeland. New York still has that cluttered feeling that Houston has

In the meantime, Houston can just sit back and fill in the holes that are already in progress with the Skyhouse and all the proposed towers that are set to break ground within the next few months.
Number two TexasTallest. And he brought that up to knock Dallas as if Dallas can not be compared to Houston because Houston is on the level of an NYC.

Last edited by curtbr72; 12-13-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I bet if you showed people the skylines of Houston & Los Angeles nobody would be able to tell them apart unless you showed them the Hollywood sign or mountains with it.
Number three delusional post about Houston's skyline.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:26 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,271,469 times
Quote:
No it doesn't, keep lying to yourself. Deep down inside you wish that they were combined. There is nothing that screams urban about that mess you guys call "no-zoning" laws....And another Houston poster comparing NYC to their town. Have you ever been to NYC? Have you ever came out of the Lincoln tunnel and "BAM", Manhattan!!!!! Have you ever watched the Manhattan skyline from the sky bridge in Jersey? Have you ever looked at the city's skyline from a ferry leaving Staten Island to Battery Park? How is Houston comparable? Please elaborate.

Houston's skyline is not, let me repeat, not comparable to New York's at all. Please, for the love of God Houston boosters visit New York and report back on how Houston's skyline reminds them of NYC's. Stop the madness. I know you love your city and all but stop looking at images on google and start traveling. Good Lord!!!!!!!
Before you pop a blood vessel, you need to slow down and take a breath. I never said Houston's skyline was comparable to New York's. I simply said that Dallasites on here are acting like the downtown/Uptown Dallas development is so great because its all clustered in to one area. I simply said that even with Dallas's combined districts, it's still not as big as Houston's downtown. You guys are the ones who brought New York into it and claiming that Houston posters are comparing it on the level of New York.

I've never said that and don't recall any Houston posters here on city-data saying it either. Even if one poster may have said that, you can't hold that to all Houston posters. That's like me holding all the ignorant comments by Mr.Nifty/binkyman and coining it to all Dallasites.

And yes, I went to New York in "11. New York has a grand skyline on the Hudson river but there are also developments all over the city. There is plenty of highrise housing scattered across the entire city which gives it that cluttered feeling.

So please, stop the madness. Stop trying to put words in people's mouth and actually read what people are saying before jumping to silly conclusions.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Before you pop a blood vessel, you need to slow down and take a breath. I never said Houston's skyline was comparable to New York's. I simply said that Dallasites on here are acting like the downtown/Uptown Dallas development is so great because its all clustered in to one area. I simply said that even with Dallas's combined districts, it's still not as big as Houston's downtown. You guys are the ones who brought New York into it and claiming that Houston posters are comparing it on the level of New York.

I've never said that and don't recall any Houston posters here on city-data saying it either. Even if one poster may have said that, you can't hold that to all Houston posters. That's like me holding all the ignorant comments by Mr.Nifty/binkyman and coining it to all Dallasites.

And yes, I went to New York in "11. New York has a grand skyline on the Hudson river but there are also developments all over the city. There is plenty of highrise housing scattered across the entire city which gives it that cluttered feeling.

So please, stop the madness. Stop trying to put words in people's mouth and actually read what people are saying before jumping to silly conclusions.
Building skyscrapers scattered throughout the city does not make it urban. Neighborhoods and people account for a cities urbanity. And you did say:

" And plus, i like the fact that Houston has multiple clusters. It makes it feel more urban and developed overall. When i'm in Dallas, it feels as though downtown is the only game in town, surrounded by nothing but open grazeland. New York still has that cluttered feeling that Houston has"

I see now that you are backtracking, that's cool. Just had to call you out on that statement. You guys have an obsession with bashing Dallas, every thread that's made you guys come in there and immediately start criticizing everything Dallas. You even criticized the bridge that Dallas built. If that bridge was built in Houston you guys would be proclaiming it the 8th wonder of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas