Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 04:14 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,797,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Htownlove most of the buildings you mention about Austin like The W hotel, The Spring, and The Austonian are already built. The only ones not are 7 Rio, 401-499 West 6th Street, T. Stacy & Associates Office Tower, Museum Tower are either proposed or cancelled.
Yes, I know. Just wanted an idea of which of them were already built and was asking for another list for those currently proposed or under construction. Thanks for the info on those that have been completed.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:57 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,347,805 times
Austin's skyline looks much better from the pictures I've seen. Nice growing skyline. Still needs more density. I hope the T.Stacy tower can go up. Would compliment the Austonian nicely (which looks like Museum Tower in Dallas). I haven't physically seen the skyline since 2004. I don't even think the Frost Tower was done yet and if it was, it wasn't done yet. The best view of Downtown Austin is coming from the South on I-35 IMO.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:38 PM

571 posts, read 1,276,993 times
[quote=feufoma;14258432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanglo Phucwell View Post
I'm from Dallas (with a large family presence in both the North and Southeast Texas metro areas). Both skylines are impressive- in their own ways. quote]

One view in Houston that you didn't mention is the view on the 288 North ramp from the South Loop, which shows a good close up of the TMC, DTH and Galleria. And, I know it's just an opinion, but that view blows anything that Dallas offers out of the water. You really get a sense of how much more impressive the Houston skyline is. TMC alone looks to be larger than Uptown Dallas.
This is so true. It's one of my favorite spots in Houston (which is kind of weird) just for the view it offers. Too bad the city can't add a little pull over for pictures and such.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:21 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,225,701 times
Houston's Medical Center will surpass downtown Dallas:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=apwN0oE_bLS0

Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 AM

457 posts, read 900,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Houston's Medical Center will surpass downtown Dallas:

Houston
Houston has been saying that for years - let us know when it actually happens.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:17 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,393,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascaper View Post
Houston has been saying that for years - let us know when it actually happens.
And if it ever happens we'll be able to count on one hand how many people actually care.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,797,664 times
sounds like the two of you care

Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,393,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
sounds like the two of you care
The article is from 2009........enuff said.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:22 AM

114 posts, read 199,450 times
Seriously y'all make me laugh, if you keep posting threads about Houston vs Dallas it makes you seem like your worried about Dallas being better which it is, and as much a y'all people from Houston hate to admit it Dallas is leading Tecas so far in business that's why they keep adding way better skyscrapers to there Skyline, Houstons Skyline looks like Rectangle blocks standing up, unlike Dallas who's skyscrapers are unique and they keep adding more and more, and most articles I've read claim Dallas and Houston are booming in business but Dallas is leading Texas right now, so until I see Houston have more unique buildings then I'll probably take back what I said about Dallas. (waiting for someone to quote my comment and point out there own facts aka opinions about how "good" Houston is than Dallas)

Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 AM

847 posts, read 2,119,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worthian View Post
Seriously y'all make me laugh, if you keep posting threads about Houston vs Dallas it makes you seem like your worried about Dallas being better which it is, and as much a y'all people from Houston hate to admit it Dallas is leading Tecas so far in business that's why they keep adding way better skyscrapers to there Skyline, Houstons Skyline looks like Rectangle blocks standing up, unlike Dallas who's skyscrapers are unique and they keep adding more and more, and most articles I've read claim Dallas and Houston are booming in business but Dallas is leading Texas right now, so until I see Houston have more unique buildings then I'll probably take back what I said about Dallas. (waiting for someone to quote my comment and point out there own facts aka opinions about how "good" Houston is than Dallas)
In unique buildings, I might give a SLIGHT edge to Dallas (and Houston isn't exactly chopped liver either in that department). But as for the majestic and bold angles of a skyline's COMPOSITION? I'll definitely give that to Houston. (And there are no interesting bayou walks in Dallas' downtown either.)

The views of downtown Houston coming from I-45 north and from US 59/288...two utterly awesome views, day or night. I'm one of those that doesn't put too much stock in green outlines and flashing dandelions. I prefer the futuristic "Blade Runner" style myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas