Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:03 PM

3 posts, read 6,749 times

Advertisements

Im from central california, lived here since i was born, im 24, me and my family enjoy hunting, camping being in the out doors. I work in the Ag. industry as a ranch and famr manager, and Ag. product sales man. I would like to settle in an aarea where i could have a few acres of my own to farm, and hunt if i get lucky. My wife is a nurse so we need a place close to a hospital or medical center, we also have a six year old son so wed like it to be in a safe nieghborhoods and low crime area. i want to live in a place where we can do our own thing and not be judged for it, have bbqs with nieghboors and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 09:35 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,872,829 times
East Texas

Tyler is THE medical center of the region, though I suggest living in the surrounding areas of Lindale, Whitehouse, Flint, or Bullard if you want to be out in the country, or very close to it. Hunting & fishing is VERY popular in this part of the Texas. People come here from all over the state just for those reasons alone.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM

4,246 posts, read 11,985,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquette91 View Post
Im from central california, lived here since i was born, im 24, me and my family enjoy hunting, camping being in the out doors. I work in the Ag. industry as a ranch and famr manager, and Ag. product sales man. I would like to settle in an aarea where i could have a few acres of my own to farm, and hunt if i get lucky. My wife is a nurse so we need a place close to a hospital or medical center, we also have a six year old son so wed like it to be in a safe nieghborhoods and low crime area. i want to live in a place where we can do our own thing and not be judged for it, have bbqs with nieghboors and such.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:35 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,388,219 times
Scott and White Hospital is a great facility. It's in Temple, TX and you could get a place anywhere around there.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:43 PM

657 posts, read 2,536,591 times
Texas is so big you might like a lot of different areas. San Angelo, Lubbock, Waco, College Station, etc.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:05 PM

3 posts, read 6,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
haha im sure that doesnt sound quite rigth but what i ment for that is i dont want people telling me how to do this or that, for instance at my old house i was unable decorate for christmas or any holiday, andthat and my dogs couldnt be in the front, i just wanna be able to have my things to how i plz

Old 11-18-2009, 06:54 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,736,237 times
North Texas

Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex

Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,603,526 times
Quote:
haha im sure that doesnt sound quite rigth but what i ment for that is i dont want people telling me how to do this or that, for instance at my old house i was unable decorate for christmas or any holiday, andthat and my dogs couldnt be in the front, i just wanna be able to have my things to how i plz

Why I'm glad to live in Texas Luckily here you can decorate your house if you want to in any way you want to. Your dogs can be in the front but beware that lots of communities have leash laws. Tyler, Round Rock/Austin/Georgetown/Cedar Park, Houston, Dallas....These are all places that have or are very near med centers and hospitals.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:28 PM
rwr

268 posts, read 609,463 times
Smile Best place in Texas

On Ranch Road 337, 14 miles west of Leakey and 7 miles east of Camp Wood in Real county. Nearest hospital is in Uvalde though, approx. 40 miles away. It might be the most conservative place on earth which could be a problem for you, your being from California and all. God Bless

Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM

3,245 posts, read 5,586,899 times
Quote:
Also might look toward the Hill Country or even San Antonio area. Actually there is no one place in Texas that would dominate over another except maybe West Texas is weak on ag stuff. Ranching is everywhere though. East Texas can always use forestry management types too. Just close your eyes and stick a tack in a map and check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas