Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 06:48 PM

271 posts, read 781,933 times

Advertisements

My husband, 20 month old daughter and I are currently living in Copperas Cove in a small 2 bedroom apartment. We are looking to rent a home however a lot of the real estate/property companies that do rentals have horrible, horrible reviews! I came across Robert Herrings Jr's website jrherrings.com and found a home I am interested in renting but I haven't been able to find any reviews about his company. I suppose that could be a good thing or a bad thing...If anyone has rented through his company please, please let me know! If not can you suggest a honest company to rent homes through in the Ft Hood area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,196,267 times
Mom, I'd say yes, this is a great company. I recently purchased a used home thru Robert's wife Bonnie. That sweet gal worked her butt off for me and had to drive 30 miles one way to do that. I had tried to contact a local realtor, none called back. A lending broker in Arizona put me in touch with Bonnie, next day she came to town to show me the house I wanted. There was only one house I wanted but Bonnie had a list. The last house was the highest price, I suggested she sell it to a California convert but ultimately she sold it to me.

If her husband is nearly as reliable as she, you've got a good deal going. Bonnie was ahead of the closing process the entire time, keeping me posted of what and why and how long it would take.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Thank you very much for your fast reply. I am planning to go look at the house tomorrow so it is good to know that someone out there recommends them. Like I said, a lot of the rental companies in this area have horrible reviews and I really don't want to deal with a bad property management company!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,975 times
Default JR Herrings Group is HORRIBLE RUN!!!!!!!

Please run with your daughter and husband in TOW!!!!! Take from someone that has rented from them. They could care less about their tenants and will charge you an arm and a leg once you move out no matter how spotless the place is. They will say all the right things to get you in there and treat you like trash once you are there...PLS DON"T RENT FROM THESE Guys you will be sorry....

Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM

Thank you very much for your response. I was THIS close to renting from them but the house I was interested in was being foreclosed on and Century 21 didn't know so it wasn't available to rent. Then I managed to find some bad reviews about them so I definitely crossed them off my list! I haven't been able to find a reputable company apart from Re Max in Copperas Cove so I am stuck in my apartment for a while! Crazy how many horrible property management companies there are in this area.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 6,975 times
Default Reputable Property Mgt Group

Although she could not help us out, I found Morgan Rivera at Colonial Rentals to be outstanding...their website is colonialrents.com . There are two in the area with similar names so make sure you contact the right location. I have listed her contact info below. Good Luck to you!
Terry Jo
Morgan Rivera
Colonial Residential Properties
777 Indian Trail Suite2
Harker Heights TX 76548
(254)698-4722
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas