Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 08:25 AM

12 posts, read 32,628 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I'm from Dallas and we are driving down to San Antonio later this afternoon when my husband gets out of work. The news up here says there is snow and to be careful... well a little about me, we moved here from Los Angeles last years so snow kinda freaks me out when having to drive in it when I REALLY don't have to..... so my question to Waco locals.... is it snowing or just a mix where it's not sticking and once it hits the ground it's water??

Thank you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 10:42 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,051,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather91016 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm from Dallas and we are driving down to San Antonio later this afternoon when my husband gets out of work. The news up here says there is snow and to be careful... well a little about me, we moved here from Los Angeles last years so snow kinda freaks me out when having to drive in it when I REALLY don't have to..... so my question to Waco locals.... is it snowing or just a mix where it's not sticking and once it hits the ground it's water??

Thank you!!!!!
I spoke to my dad and he said it hasn't snowed. Usually Waco get lots of false alarms and it never does.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:48 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,508,741 times
Its starting to snow in houston already and predicted for many areas. Might want to check your local weather channel or weatrher channel to see where its snowng or expected to.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:53 AM

8,591 posts, read 14,757,891 times
Check NOAA's National Weather Service frequently. It's the National Weather Service's site. Their radar isn't the best but the forecasts are decent and free.

The weather is actually supposed to be worse further south of Waco toward Austin and San Antonio (although that's pretty subjective). They're calling for less than a half inch of snow. While the sun is up the air temp will be above freezing, but if you're traveling after sundown be wary of icy roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas