Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:01 AM

3 posts, read 8,240 times

Advertisements

Just learned that a relative is the owner of T.B.'s and when I saw her recently she told me they are well known for their Corona Chicken. Hope I got that right. Plan on stopping by this summer on my round the county road trip to try it out and visit with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I was just watching an episode of Anthony Bourdain:No Reservations where Tony is at the USA-Mexico border. TB's bar and grill is one of his stops. I have seen it on TV, but I want to hear about it from anyone who has been there.
Just found out recently that a relative owns T.B.'s Bar & Grill. She says they are well known for their Corona Chicken. I plan to visit this summer while on my "Round the County Road Trip".

Old 01-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Sorry I posted twice. Could't find the first one and thought it didn't go through. Very deja vu of me.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,928 times
I was born and raised in Del Rio. I no longer liver there but my parents do and I still visit them every now and then. I have been to TBs and i will say that it is not the greatest food. It is pretty much bar food. I will say though that Del Rio is a kick ass tourist place in the summer. There is a beautiful lake there called Lake Amistad. You can rent jet skis or a boat at the Marina. There is cliff diving if your in to that. There is also cheap places to stay at near the lake or get a cheap hotel in town. These is also an amazing creek that runs through the city that is fed by the city's natural spring called San Felipe Springs. You can go tubing or just take a walk along the creek bed and go swimming. There is amazing food throughout the whole city and the people are pretty nice and will tell you there best spots they like to go eat at. I would say to go ahead and check out TBs just to say you went there. Go to Del Rio in the summer and you will have a relaxing vacation and eat really great food. Manuels is my favorite place to go.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:07 PM

393 posts, read 1,109,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88punkrocker View Post
I was born and raised in Del Rio. I no longer liver there but my parents do and I still visit them every now and then. I have been to TBs and i will say that it is not the greatest food. It is pretty much bar food. I will say though that Del Rio is a kick ass tourist place in the summer. There is a beautiful lake there called Lake Amistad. You can rent jet skis or a boat at the Marina. There is cliff diving if your in to that. There is also cheap places to stay at near the lake or get a cheap hotel in town. These is also an amazing creek that runs through the city that is fed by the city's natural spring called San Felipe Springs. You can go tubing or just take a walk along the creek bed and go swimming. There is amazing food throughout the whole city and the people are pretty nice and will tell you there best spots they like to go eat at. I would say to go ahead and check out TBs just to say you went there. Go to Del Rio in the summer and you will have a relaxing vacation and eat really great food. Manuels is my favorite place to go.
I'm glad to hear about the natural springs. I like to go swimming and photographing in natural springs, and I'm always looking for more.

I drove through Del Rio a few years ago, enroute to Seminole Canyon State Park, where I spent the night. My route to town was deliberate, my route through town less so. I wound up at the US/Mexican checkpoint a few times.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:10 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,092,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooua View Post
I'm glad to hear about the natural springs. I like to go swimming and photographing in natural springs, and I'm always looking for more.

I drove through Del Rio a few years ago, enroute to Seminole Canyon State Park, where I spent the night. My route to town was deliberate, my route through town less so. I wound up at the US/Mexican checkpoint a few times.
In this case, the next time I go back to Del Rio, I want to try TB's, and then I want to see the natural springs and other places. I've been to San Antonio and the DFW metroplex, but nothing south of San Antonio.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,909,393 times
With drug resistant tuberculosis rampant on the border, I think I'd have to pass on a place called TB's

Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,092,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
With drug resistant tuberculosis rampant on the border, I think I'd have to pass on a place called TB's
Are you being sarcastic?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,909,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Are you being sarcastic?
You have to ask?, um no . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas