Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,925,871 times

Advertisements

Wow more snow in Texas..... unusual amounts already this season.

Don't have to worry about snow here, it's a once in a century event in SW Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 11:07 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,445,585 times
I heard about the snow in Texas. It's practically a blizzard where I am at. (Which is not Texas)

Old 12-24-2009, 11:53 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I heard about the snow in Texas. It's practically a blizzard where I am at. (Which is not Texas)
It would've felt like a blizzard here if it actually accumulated. Wind was crazy; had gust up to 30-40 mph.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:42 AM

52,570 posts, read 47,690,485 times
You would have loved to have been in the Metroplex on Thursday. In Lewisville and Bedford, we just had a blustery blizzard for a period of time. Looks like about 2 or 3 inches have fallen. It was quite a sight. This is as close as I've gotten to a White Christmas here in North Texas since I've been alive, but I'll take it.

And the snow is still on the ground as of Christmas morning, but the sun is forecast to come out later today.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:32 AM

148 posts, read 356,525 times
Beautiful white Christmas in Abilene. Just north of us and east of us were under blizzard warnings yesterday. My daughter, who lives 12 miles north of us in Jones County, has about 6 inches on the ground and drifts up to two feet. We had a two foot drift in front of our house yesterday blocking the front door. Never thought I would have to shovel snow in Abilene, but I did! Lots still on the ground. I believe the earth has tipped on its axis. This is our second snow event in about 30 days, and they are predicting more snow next Tuesday.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:13 PM

8,746 posts, read 8,987,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James2496 View Post
Beautiful white Christmas in Abilene. Just north of us and east of us were under blizzard warnings yesterday. My daughter, who lives 12 miles north of us in Jones County, has about 6 inches on the ground and drifts up to two feet. We had a two foot drift in front of our house yesterday blocking the front door. Never thought I would have to shovel snow in Abilene, but I did! Lots still on the ground. I believe the earth has tipped on its axis. This is our second snow event in about 30 days, and they are predicting more snow next Tuesday.
It's nuts isn't it??!!! Two snow events and by far the most snow in my yard from this storm that I've ever seen, and it's not even January yet!

Old 12-25-2009, 02:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,075,985 times
DFW Airport got 3 inches on Christmas Eve, much of which is still on the ground for now. The wind is what I will remember. It was ferocious! Gusts way above 40 mph.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:44 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,505,907 times
Ain't it something? *smiles*

I bet we will all ALWAYS remember this particular Christmas!

Old 12-25-2009, 03:02 PM

148 posts, read 356,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
It's nuts isn't it??!!! Two snow events and by far the most snow in my yard from this storm that I've ever seen, and it's not even January yet!
I will remember this Christmas for the snow. I will also remember it because three of my relatives who were travelling to the Amarillo area for the holidays were stranded in snow banks. One nephew, stranded south of Plainview, was in a 10 car pile up. His car was totalled, but his family is fine.

A niece was stranded on Highway 287 for 22 hours beginning at 1:00 pm yesterday. She is finally out and on her way back to Dallas. Spending 22 hours in your car is a lousy way to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. They are all okay and in transit to the Dallas area right now, however. They missed Christmas in Amarillo completely.

Another cousin hit the same area on Interstate 27 in Plainview where my nephew totalled his car and was stranded in a traffic jam/pileup for two hours.

Everyone is safe, thank God. But all of that gave us concern for awhile.

My wife and I decided to stay in Abilene and not travel to Amarillo because of the weather forecast. We made the right decision.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:19 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,782,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Ain't it something? *smiles*

I bet we will all ALWAYS remember this particular Christmas!
That's for sure. I still remember Christmas Eve 2004 in Houston when we got a few inches of snow. I don't really care about getting a white Christmas again. I was happy with the snow we got a few weeks ago. Anytime it snows in Houston we are thankful no matter what day it falls on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas