Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,011,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon_Gypsy View Post
LOL Hilarious!! And yet, I'm sure not so for those living it. That's just crazy. I'll have to ask my mom about it, see what she remembers.

What can you guys tell me about Hill Country/San Marcos/ New Brunsfeld (sp?) Are these good area's to raise a family? How hot/humid does it typicall get there?
The hill country really doesn't get very humid. East Texas and the Gulf Coast are the most humid areas in Texas. West Texas and the Panhandle tend to be the driest. The Hill Country falls comfortably in the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,904,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
The hill country really doesn't get very humid. East Texas and the Gulf Coast are the most humid areas in Texas. West Texas and the Panhandle tend to be the driest. The Hill Country falls comfortably in the middle.
I agree, and will add that the Hill Country is the MOST desirable area of Texas in which to live - IMHO. I spent 12 years there, living in both Austin and San Antonio, and found it much more livable by comparison with Houston or Dallas/FW, both of which I also lived in at one time. Smaller towns in the Hill Country are all about equally desirable (or not, as the case may be), depending on a person's needs - college, medical facility, etc.

I notice that no one has mentioned El Paso in this thread. Certainly the most arid of the larger cities and offering a very diverse experience in comparison with most other metro areas in the state. There is a sub-forum devoted to El Paso posts.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,416,722 times
The Hill Country is dryer and hotter in the summer...and brown most of the time. My family has a ranch over off 281, and I've never warmed up to the rocks, dirt, cedar and shrub brush look.

NE Texas is more humid, but all summer long it didn't climb past 80 degrees untill noon everyday. Then it started to cool down at sundown. Houston heats up immediately and never really has an evening cool down. I prefer the NE's green and rolling hills, with dense forests, to that psuedo desert look. But it's all personal opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas