U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
k_s

408 posts, read 460,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajoh81 View Post
Yes but they actually worked together. Fort Worth is OCD about defeating Dallas and will stop at nothing to do it. Remember Amon Carter?? I don't see how losing Fort Worth would be a tragedy to the metroplex, Keep Arlington and everything else, just lose Fort Worth.
Where exactly is Fort Worth going to go?

Old 06-05-2010, 11:22 PM

11,806 posts, read 13,821,570 times
That's a ridiculous post by brajoh81. Fort Worth and Dallas have long been rivals, but nowadays it's good-natured as far as I know. I much prefer Fort Worth, but I work in Dallas as a professional musician quite often. I'll grant you that Amon Carter wasn't so good-natured about it, but that was a long time ago.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 859 times
Sorry to burst your bubble. Both Houston and San Antonio are larger than Dallas. Having lived in both Dallas and Houston, I'd also have to say that Houston has more world class cultural attractions - arts, museums, etc. With all the universities that call Houston home, it is also a more youthful, intellectual, and openminded city. Dallas doesn't seem to be as forward thinking - at least when it comes to the city and county leaders.....

Old 07-21-2012, 12:25 AM

114 posts, read 80,808 times
Dallas vs Houston Dallas and Fort Worth have already stopped complaining about things unlike people from Houston who keep starting most of these threads

Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 AM

And FYI Dallas has one of the USAs most biggest art and music districts so sure Houston also has a lot of museums but sorry to break it to ya Dallas is way better than Houston economically, and Dallas has more fame, and DFW metroplex has more Sports TEXAS Rangers, Dallas cowboys (one of the most successful franchises), Dallas Mavricks, Dallas Stars, and FW has the TEXA motor speedway. Another thing I that The Dallas Fort Worth Metro has 3/50 top USA cities (Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington) and it still has more when it's top 100 cities in USA (McKinney, Plano, Grand Prarie, Irving, etc.)

Old 07-21-2012, 12:45 AM

And if I'm right DFW has more billionaires than Houston and its actually in the top 5 of the worlds billionaire cities, and they have more professional sport teams and TEXAS motor speedway, and Dallas is leading Texas economically, and Fort Worth is having rapid growth (one of the fastest growing cities in USA) and Irving is a small city beside Dallas and the Gov visited the city because there economic growth is booming

Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 AM

So of you don't call any of that better than Houston, then have it your way

Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 AM

659 posts, read 692,110 times
Someone said Dallas is way better economically than Houston. Um, ok. Ignorance is bliss.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:06 PM

12,305 posts, read 13,191,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worthian View Post
And if I'm right DFW has more billionaires than Houston and its actually in the top 5 of the worlds billionaire cities, and they have more professional sport teams and TEXAS motor speedway, and Dallas is leading Texas economically, and Fort Worth is having rapid growth (one of the fastest growing cities in USA) and Irving is a small city beside Dallas and the Gov visited the city because there economic growth is booming
D/FW has more billionaires (albeit not by much) Houston has more millionaires.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:22 PM

So far Dallas has more fame by media than Houston they brought back "Dallas", Dallas is in more commercials, Dallas also has attracted "Extra" where tet gossip about celebs I'm guessing, they've added DFW but they show it on weekends and feufoma yes Dallas is leading Texas in Economic growth Moderator cut: rude DFW has also been ranked one of the best cities in the USA to start business. Metro Matt we also have the 17th richest person on Earth.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-24-2012 at 12:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas