Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM

8,604 posts, read 14,885,270 times

Advertisements

Debra Medina still has no chance and quite frankly her candidacy is going to hand the nomination to Perry. In the latest Rasumussen Poll, Perry has widened his lead over Hutchison to 15 points. Medina took 4% away from Hutchison.

Perry - 44%
Hutchison - 29%
Medina - 16%

Medina had better wake up and realize that she's damaging the wrong candidate. Either she or Hutchison has to drop out because I think Perry will get the 50% he needs in the primary to close out the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM

252 posts, read 724,343 times
Quote:
Medina had better wake up and realize that she's damaging the wrong candidate. Either she or Hutchison has to drop out because I think Perry will get the 50% he needs in the primary to close out the nomination.
Medina isn't in the race to run against Perry taking office, she's in the race to put herself in office! She's not a Kay Bailey Hutchinson supporter. Why do you expect her to be one?

Her viewpoints do not agree 100% with either candidate and I doubt she has that much in common with Hutchinson. So she is not damaging "the wrong candidate" from her viewpoint.

If Hutchinson is really that much better of a candidate compared to Perry, she would have nothing to worry about in regards to Medina. People vote for Medina because she is within THEIR viewpoint.

To me, Hutchinson is just as wrong as a candidate as Perry. I'm not really a Medina supporter; I'm not following this race that closely, but I see no improvement with Hutchinson.

bluescreen73, you remind me of the people who said that I should vote for McCain because he was the lesser of two evils. I can't stand McCain... he lost the nomination to Bush in 2000 and then I was expected to support McCain in 2008? Just because he's not Obama?

I can be displeased with more than one politician at a time.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 AM

While she may be in the race to put herself in office, it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. If you want Perry out of Austin, a vote for Medina isn't going to do it. Her candidacy is going to put Perry on the GOP ticket.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Debra Medina still has no chance and quite frankly her candidacy is going to hand the nomination to Perry. In the latest Rasumussen Poll, Perry has widened his lead over Hutchison to 15 points. Medina took 4% away from Hutchison.

Perry - 44%
Hutchison - 29%
Medina - 16%

The nerve! She should obviously just drop out because of what you think. How selfish of her.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
The nerve! She should obviously just drop out because of what you think. How selfish of her.
I said either she OR Hutchison. Take your pick.

If getting Perry out of Austin is your goal, this three-person race isn't going to get it done. Period. One should probably drop out and endorse the other one, otherwise Perry will be the GOP nominee.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
I said either she OR Hutchison. Take your pick.

If getting Perry out of Austin is your goal, this three-person race isn't going to get it done. Period. One should probably drop out and endorse the other one, otherwise Perry will be the GOP nominee.

That's not on Medina then. That's on the losers who think Perry's antics are worth another few years in office. Then again, it's a poll and nobody probably called any of us on the forum who matter, either...so, it's meaningless right now. Calm down.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
I'm not entirely convinced that the votes for Medina would all go to Hutchison, if she were not in the race. It looks like there's more anti-establishment sentiment there than anti-Perry sentiment. Perry is as much Austin establishment as Hutchison is Washington establishment.

According to this column today in the San Antonio paper (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/Medina_may_be_spoiler_in_GOP_race.html - broken link), Medina's other big goal as a county party chair is to quietly remake the platform of the state GOP to mirror the policies of Ron Paul. That tells me her base of support before the debates was among the libertarian faction of the party.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:

Perry - 44%
Hutchison - 29%
Medina - 16%

Good. If Perry wins the Primary, then Bill White will have a solid chance at becoming our next governor. I don't see ANY difference between the Republican candidates.. they are all to the right of attila the hun.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Good. If Perry wins the Primary, then Bill White will have a solid chance at becoming our next governor. I don't see ANY difference between the Republican candidates.. they are all to the right of attila the hun.
I do. As much as I despise Perry, Medina and the secessionists lining up with her make Perry and Hutchison look like liberals.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
I do. As much as I despise Perry, Medina and the secessionists lining up with her make Perry and Hutchison look like liberals.
oh really? as a progressive, they all seem alike to me, but medina always talks like she's so different and superior to the other two. kind of pompous. the only thing "liberal" about hutchison is that she's is supposedly pro-choice in the situations of rape or incest. big deal. with palin campaigning for perry this weekend, the wacky right wingers will be rallied to vote for perry. thanks for your insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas