Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:57 PM

11,816 posts, read 26,650,028 times

Advertisements

You don't want to move to Palestine. It is NOT a nice place for families, and the schools are not good. (The town's main industry is maximum-security prisons...need I say more?) Plus there is still a lot of cedar in the woods!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 10:35 PM

3,242 posts, read 5,577,723 times
I wonder if you'd be interested in true East Texas. Say. with in a reasonable driving distance to Lufkin or Nacogdoches?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:20 PM
drw drw started this thread

7 posts, read 32,630 times
Hi ya'll, sorry for not replying earlier; I didn't see that the thread had been updated!

Thank you for the warning about Victoria. I've rejected that area due to several factors, mostly that it's just so unfamiliar. We've looked at San Angelo but are concerned about the semi-arid environment which would make farming difficult.

BobTex: I have certainly looked (online) at Lufkin and Nacogdoches. They seem real nice from what I can tell - do you recommend them?

Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM

23 posts, read 98,460 times
Default Wow, y'all sound just like us!

We searched all over TX forever before we finally settled on Decatur. It's a lot further north than the areas you've mentioned, but it's a great little town. We just purchased 24 acres 15 minutes from town for less than 6k per acre. We got a good deal, the average price is around 8-10k per acre.

Decatur is a really pretty town. There's lots of trees and rolling hills. It is the county seat, so even though it has that rural feel, it has quite a bit to offer. There's a Lowe's, Super Wal-Mart, Chili's, Starbucks, Sears, Beall's, etc. The place is really growing quickly, too. We've noticed that the real estate is getting bought up fast and prices are beginning to go up. That's a good sign, b/c whatever you buy there will only go up in value as the area continues to grow.

If you do a search for "decatur" on the forum, you can see more posts about it.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:43 PM
drw drw started this thread

7 posts, read 32,630 times
Sonshine, thank you for this feedback. I lived in McKinney for several years back in the late 90's and to be honest, the constant thread of tornadoes just wore me down. I finally gave up and moved to the south to be rid of them and that was a decision that I continue to be happy I made. It was just way too stressful for me.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,083 times
Hey there DRW - where did you end up settling down? I know that this thread is several years old, so I am hoping that you have since pulled the trigger on a location and lot size.

Thanks.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:01 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,928,911 times
the last post wwas about 6.5 years ago in 07 and its 2014.....I highly doubt that poster will read your post.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 AM

3,242 posts, read 5,577,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
the last post wwas about 6.5 years ago in 07 and its 2014.....I highly doubt that poster will read your post.
Ain't that the truth.

I feel "used". All us regulars should feel that way! Use me up then throw me away. Notice how the OP made all of 7 posts? Most on this thread! USERS !!!!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:47 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,928,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Ain't that the truth.

I feel "used". All us regulars should feel that way! Use me up then throw me away. Notice how the OP made all of 7 posts? Most on this thread! USERS !!!!
Haha.....Sometimes I wonder what happens to these people like where are they now?I wish they would update us but that will never happen lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas