Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:04 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,009,800 times

Advertisements

Seriously.. this isnt about just Texans.. this is about America.. everyone is going through something.. It just that Texas does have an advantage due to oil being in our state. Hey dont hate on us.. come join us if you need to.. nothing wrong with that.

If you are really that worried about emissions.. then stop driving period.. you wont worry about 1) the price at the pump 2) your car polluting the enviornment .. then you will have more money to buy that 1.50 water...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,812,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't think that gasoline is really high priced when you take inflation into account. Americans will think nothing to pay $1 and some change for a 12 oz bottle of water, but freak out when they have to pay $2.50 for a gal of gasoline.

This analogy always cracks me up. Apples and chainsaws?

Old 03-05-2010, 01:05 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,278,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Ohh ok! yeah I'll just stop buying gas for my car, or should the truckers and transportation people stop putting it in their trucks and trains too.

and to wehotex, you never buy just one gallon of gas, its usually 10 or 20.
When was the last time anyone paid 2.50 for a gallon.

Not withstanding the fact emmissions destroy the environment. When there is a viable alternative I will stop buy gas. But that won't happen so long as you people control the system.

you texans...pfft.
So basically, you personally are not willing to do much for the environment unless some one else does all the work first to provide you with a easy alternative.

Typical.

But don't worry, we who control the system , are developing new alternative energy sources as you sit and do nothing. Texas has already surpassed California as America's leader in alternative energy.

It won't be long before you can complain about the cost of wind power, or the cost of solar power, and your money will still be coming to Texas.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:11 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,689,699 times
Quote:
and to wehotex, you never buy just one gallon of gas, its usually 10 or 20.
When was the last time anyone paid 2.50 for a gallon.
Yesterday.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:13 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Everybody in Texas will be fine. America's recovery will take some time, of course, but Texas has never really been way down like other states. We're strong here, and as I've said before, it is by design.
Texas is a STRONG state. I love it here. Fantastic place.

Last edited by buzzpost; 03-05-2010 at 05:23 PM..

Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
So basically, you personally are not willing to do much for the environment unless some one else does all the work first to provide you with a easy alternative.

Typical.

But don't worry, we who control the system , are developing new alternative energy sources as you sit and do nothing. Texas has already surpassed California as America's leader in alternative energy.

It won't be long before you can complain about the cost of wind power, or the cost of solar power, and your money will still be coming to Texas.
It won't be coming to Texas when you secede from the Union, when your nut job governor declares independence.
It's clear you have a very sarcastic way as to how the world actually works. When I have the means to personally invent a car that runs on laughter, I'll let everyone know. For your info, I avoid driving like the plague, subways are an amazing thing (something you guys know nothing about, trains for that matter)
I'd rather pay a little extra for clean, reliable, safe power than have a single penny go to a Texas company to fund some Houston CEO's new mcmansion.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,159 times
Quote:
It won't be coming to Texas when you secede from the Union, when your nut job governor declares independence.
It's clear you have a very sarcastic way as to how the world actually works. When I have the means to personally invent a car that runs on laughter, I'll let everyone know. For your info, I avoid driving like the plague, subways are an amazing thing (something you guys know nothing about, trains for that matter)
I'd rather pay a little extra for clean, reliable, safe power than have a single penny go to a Texas company to fund some Houston CEO's new mcmansion.
degrade Texas all you want, where does your state fall on this list. Texas is not even on the list. People that live in glass houses, well you know the rest.......

Recession Continues to Batter State Budgets; State Responses Could Slow Recovery — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 03-05-2010, 08:28 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
degrade Texas all you want, where does your state fall on this list. Texas is not even on the list. People that live in glass houses, well you know the rest.......

Recession Continues to Batter State Budgets; State Responses Could Slow Recovery — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I don't think your statement makes any logic.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,049 times
Whatever happens, I hope things start looking better in Texas so I can move back. I relocated with my parents to Arkansas, and soon Oklahoma and so not loving it. I miss home.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:01 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,159 times
Quote:
I don't think your statement makes any logic.
Logic is that your state is upside down by $600 million.

Texas has a surplus.

Sounds like Texas is fiscally responsible. Logical to many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas