Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times

Advertisements

took this line from AP post on AOL about the returns that are starting to make themselved know...
the female writer--I certainly don't know the name or if she is from Texas or Timbuktu--wrote--

Barbecue, beer and wine were served in an open-air pavilion at the Salt Lick in Driftwood, a quintessential Texas restaurant near Austin.

Calling Salt Lick a quintessential Texas restaurant--how PRETENTOUS is that...

the food there is good--and the grounds are lovely--but Salt Lick over time has become a little bit like Perry and any other successful politician--
keeping the veneer of "native, down-home" Texas but with the polish and whimsy of a Tavern on the Green...

the average TX restaurant bears about as much resemblance to Salt Lick as
a Ford pickup does to a Range Rover...

I guess Scholz smacks too much of liberalism...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 PM

322 posts, read 748,841 times
Jesus H. Christ. How dare she use that adjective...

Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times
Soon he'll be in as long as Ted Kennedy. I thought Texans didn't like career politicians.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 AM

he is going to run for President in next election--and frankly I am more and more afraid that the spin doctors will do what they did with GHWB...
that would be out of the frying pan and into the fire for sure...

Perry is even less prepared than Bush for the national stage--and I never thought I would actually write that anyone was less prepared than Bush for anything...

Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
he is going to run for President in next election--and frankly I am more and more afraid that the spin doctors will do what they did with GHWB...

Perry is even less prepared than Bush for the national stage--and I never thought I would actually write that anyone was less prepared than Bush for anything...
Unpreparedness may be an asset in a presidential election. In the last election Obama was clearly least prepared and won.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

As much as I'd love to comment on this, I know it would create a long tangent that is off-topic for this forum. There is almost certainly a thread or two about this possibility in the Politics and Other Controversies, where it would be on-topic to discuss this.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:08 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Apparently she's never been to Lowake.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Soon he'll be in as long as Ted Kennedy.
That's for sure! Ole Slick Rick has unfortunately done it again. I guess it's going to take some massive scandal (one that he can't cover up) to bring this corrupted, arrogant jackass down. I'm a Republican but I simply can't stand this guy! Ughhhhh!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM

Lowake's anything like Ponder's Ranchman's Cafe or maybe Luling's City Market BBQ
or Heitmiller's outside Waco???

Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Folks, it should not make one bit of difference where Governor Perry does his victory party. He picked a very good place for barbecue (the national food of Texas) and a good setting in which to do it in (a Texas Hill Country backdrop). People have done wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners there. Businessmen have used that place for meetings. I think I've also seen some celebrity pics on the walls inside the restaurant. It's a popular place in the Austin area and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: