Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 08:26 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
yeah show me a suburb that compares to Galveston and I'll paypal you a 100 dollars. I think Woodlands/Galveston/Bay Area Houston are pretty much individual areas that can't be compared to the sterotypical suburbs. You have your sterotypical burbs that lack overrall individuality, ie: Humble, Baytown,Pasdena,Katy,Spring.

But show me a burb in DFW that can rival Galveston or even the Woodlands.
Galveston is not a suburb so that is irrelevant. In DFW, Las Collinas and Southlake both have things in common with the Woodlands.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:26 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
yeah show me a suburb that compares to Galveston and I'll paypal you a 100 dollars. I think Woodlands/Galveston/Bay Area Houston are pretty much individual areas that can't be compared to the sterotypical suburbs. You have your sterotypical burbs that lack overrall individuality, ie: Humble, Baytown,Pasdena,Katy,Spring.

galveston hardly counts as a "suburb". in reality, it was a major city and port, long before houston ever was. it just so happens to be considered a part of the metro area. but galveston should never be considered a suburb of houston

the woodlands is very nice, true, but it isn't all that, IMO. my first visit to the town center, i was not overly impressed, and definitely not with the actual mall itself. i think it's the trees that does it for everybody.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:48 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:

Old Town Spring is not that stereotypical.

Old Town Spring, Texas

Spring is one of Houston's most valuable little known gems.
Spring cannot be lumped in with the other burbs

Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
galveston hardly counts as a "suburb". in reality, it was a major city and port, long before houston ever was. it just so happens to be considered a part of the metro area. but galveston should never be considered a suburb of houston

the woodlands is very nice, true, but it isn't all that, IMO. my first visit to the town center, i was not overly impressed, and definitely not with the actual mall itself. i think it's the trees that does it for everybody.
The trees and all of the other amenities they have in The Woodlands is what attracts everybody. The mall, waterway, town center, the Pavilion, Children's Museum, etc. There is a lot up there in The Woodlands. More than what is in Sugar Land's Town Center area, in my opinion. The trees are just the icing on the cake.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:06 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
The trees and all of the other amenities they have in The Woodlands is what attracts everybody. The mall, waterway, town center, the Pavilion, Children's Museum, etc. There is a lot up there in The Woodlands. More than what is in Sugar Land's Town Center area, in my opinion. The trees are just the icing on the cake.
It is hard to impress Al Green, so don't bother. He gets irritated by trees and streets that are not black enough, so save your energy

Old 12-12-2010, 10:23 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
true. i just think some people exaggerate when they say that NOTHING in suburban dallas comes close to what the woodlands offers. even i used to say that, but it really isn't true

Old 12-12-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
true. i just think some people exaggerate when they say that NOTHING in suburban dallas comes close to what the woodlands offers. even i used to say that, but it really isn't true
Name a Dallas suburb that does, because I can't think of any. Frisco comes the closest, but even then, I'd compare Frisco more with Sugar Land, since they both have minor league baseball teams now.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
what does the woodlands offer thats different, beside pine trees?

Old 12-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
what does the woodlands offer thats different, beside pine trees?
Using this logic, no city really offers things that are that much different than what you can get in other cities. All suburbs are essentially the same, but some offer more than others. The Woodlands is one of those.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Using this logic, no city really offers things that are that much different than what you can get in other cities. All suburbs are essentially the same, but some offer more than others. The Woodlands is one of those.

The Woodlands may be one of those, but there are suburbs just like it throughout the US and even DFW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas