Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 09:45 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
and to think that i'm one of the first people to defend the houston boosters in other forums ; yet, here they are, biting the hand that feeds them

ladies and gentlemen, if you're not mature enough to tolerate someone saying they don't like the way your city looks, then you need not join a forum meant for grown-ups
and don't I rep you when you say something valid???

I may yell at and correct people on here, but I also quick to rep people here when they say valid things. so don't act like I am always one sided with you. I give people I have the most bitter disagreements on here their due reps, even though they never rep back

Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Well maybe because this is an information website. And your words are that "Houston is ugly" which I disagree with.

I agree with the freeways in certain segments looking awful yes. But your words paint the ENTIRE city to the naked eye of viewers who might want to know more about Houston as an ugly city.
please don't put words in my mouth. you're making it seem like i was saying the entire city of houston was ugly, and that's NOT what i'm saying (though i'm sure several of you will insist that is what i was saying). my words, verbatim, were: "houston is a not-so-nice looking city with some nice areas/neighborhoods"....that's not the same as saying "HOUSTON IS UGLY"

and even if someone did want to say that houston is ugly, that would be their prerogative. ugliness, as well as beauty, is relative; and is determined only by one's own discretion

Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

I may yell at and correct people on here, but I also quick to rep people here when they say valid things. so don't act like I am always one sided with you. I give people I have the most bitter disagreements on here their due reps, even though they never rep back
As long as i've been on this site, I don't even know how to rep someone. Sometimes i can't even figure out who reps me.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
As long as i've been on this site, I don't even know how to rep someone. Sometimes i can't even figure out who reps me.
lol, on the top left hand side of the post you will see scales, click on it and a message box appears. leave a nice note for the person and hit ok, and they get repped.

LOL you have been on here for 4 years? and never learned how to rep. lol

Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
please don't put words in my mouth. you're making it seem like i was saying the entire city of houston was ugly, and that's NOT what i'm saying (though i'm sure several of you will insist that is what i was saying). my words, verbatim, were: "houston is a not-so-nice looking city with some nice areas/neighborhoods"....that's not the same as saying "HOUSTON IS UGLY"

and even if someone did want to say that houston is ugly, that would be their prerogative. ugliness, as well as beauty, is relative; and is determined only by one's own discretion
lol you are funny. You know that if I said Al is not so nice looking would amount to me saying that Al is butt ugly. same darn thing. Pot-ay-to/ pot-at-o

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
But am I not right? you do know little about Houston. If the best you could come up with was a store then that does not prove your points much.
no you aren't right. and i only vaguely remember that conversation, but if i recall, i referenced that zone d'erotica store as an example of poor planning; not to say that the ENTIRE galleria area is ugly, which is absurd

so there you go making me out to be someone i'm not

Quote:
you also rely heavily on google maps (which are not good quality angles to begin with) so it just looks like you go to an area you heard something about and start fishing
i do not rely on google maps. but i do not have any personal photos of houston or atlanta, so how else am i supposed to show you an example of what i'm talking about....or is it that you're saying that the only time i've seen these cities is on google maps? really? you're that desperate to make me look bad that you must resort to calling me a liar?

Quote:

you rep me when i say something you like. the validity of my arguments is not the issue here.

for example, i say that the chastain park neighborhood in atlanta is more beautiful than anything in houston. this is an opinion. it's relative; yet you have a hard time accepting this. explain that to me, please

Old 11-29-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
lol you are funny. You know that if I said Al is not so nice looking would amount to me saying that Al is butt ugly. same darn thing. Pot-ay-to/ pot-at-o
not if you said i had nice features, though

Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
Quote:

There may have been a miscommunication error there. See this is what I thought you were saying:
Quote:
but no one can do "ugly" quite like houston .....what i realized is that they need to quit with the billboards and tacky palms and plant more cedars, birch, sweetgums, decidous oaks, etc. anything that can make the area look more tidy and even
With this post it seemed like you were trying to paint the entire city a certain way. I honestly didn't know you only meant certain segments with it because the ensuing conversation after this post did little to help clear the misconception in understanding up.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
you have to admit that there are many many many attractive areas in the city of Houston,
Yeah I used to live in far NW Houston off of 1960 near Champions & while the lack of zoning was very apparent, the dense forests of tall pine trees certainly made up for it.

In my old apartment complex right off of 1960 I saw a heard of dear one night it totally freaked me out! Its just weird seeing that kind of wildlife smack dab in America's 4th largest city.

I love the forested parts of Houston. It reminds me so much of East Texas & my hometown of Tyler. Felt right at home when I lived in Houston for 5 years & still consider it my second home.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 AM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
Everbody has a right to there opinion..but the examples of Atlanta Al posted up and even the 2 pics Spade posted up were not good examples at all to me if you were trying to big up the area's you think have beauty over Houston. But mehhhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas