U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:33 PM

14 posts, read 11,936 times

Advertisements

I was looking to move to San Angelo Tx, but I've heard the humidity is low. I have MS and need a place were the humidity is high and damp. I also want a town with good DR's and good middle school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 02:53 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,491,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartinez View Post
I was looking to move to San Angelo Tx, but I've heard the humidity is low. I have MS and need a place were the humidity is high and damp. I also want a town with good DR's and good middle school.
Most anywhere east of I-35 and I-37 down to Corpus will have higher humidity,higher the more east you go,although the San Antonio area had been in a severe drought and I'm not sure if it is over yet there.Obviously along the coast will have higher humidities.

As far as schools,you can check a school districts ranking by individual schools here.

2009 Accountability: List by County

Temple will have excellent doctors due to Scott & White.Tyler/Longview,College Station,Conroe, Corpus Christi,and Houston area would be other good choices for your situation.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM

9,006 posts, read 12,311,347 times
Quote:
Then that certainly rules out San Angelo, along with all of the rest of West Texas, along with the Panhandle.

East Texas and the coastal areas would be better for high humidity and dampness.

Central Texas and South Texas are also very humid (to me, as a native West Texan), but less so than ET and the coast.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:14 AM

I will check East Texas and the coastal area I hope I can find something I want a town with atleast fifty thousand or more it sucks that I am limited due to my illness I JUST WANT TO GO BACK HOME

Old 03-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Default input on moorehead mn

does anyone have any input about moorehead mn, my sister lives there any she had been wanting me to move there, I'm still stuck on Tx my home state just don't know where to move to

Old 03-12-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
does anyone have any input about moorehead mn, my sister lives there any she had been wanting me to move there, I'm still stuck on Tx my home state just don't know where to move to
The Texas forum isn't going to be a good place to get info on Minnesota.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:24 PM

yea I don't know what I was thinking, I guess I have my heart set on TX, thanks I'll try to remember where to post the next time

Old 03-12-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
yea I don't know what I was thinking, I guess I have my heart set on TX, thanks I'll try to remember where to post the next time

If you have your heart set on Texas then don't give up yet.There are plenty of humid places in Texas.Don't quit looking because the first place you zeroed in on turned out to be dry.Half of TX is too humid fo those that live in the other half.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:32 PM

your right, I wouldn't be happier any where else than TX, I am going to check out Temple and Tyler TX, I don't want to live in a big city as I am a big wuss when it comes to traffic my anxiety level gets really high.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 2,611 times
Default sagegallery

First time posting...to MMartinez: I am a Ms-Montanan also, sorry for the bad news. I'm the opposite, can't handle humidity. I prefer warm to cold and dry to wet. You might like Kerrville, TX. Humid enough for sure. Mid-sized town and only one hour to San Antonio. I realize I'm posting late but I just read yours. Hope you find, or have found your Eden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas