Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:56 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
NOOOOOOOO....Houston Radio Ride dallas' nuts....every other song is dallas ****......it made me blush when i was down there....so yeah i agree wit you Houston Started the first texas Hip-Hop scene waaaaaaaay back when screw music was everything....Now the Houston music has slowed to a trickle(Slim Thug is the only one still relevent).And Dallas has a total different swag than Houston and I LOVE IT!!
Dallas scene is just a rip off of Atlanta's Hip Hop scene. Nothing remarkable or unique. Once Dallas stops producing music; it won't be remembered for doing anything memorable.

No one is going to care to reminisce about songs like Stanky Leg, Booty Dew, Hit dat Hoe, and other BS. Once Dallas starts producing (And I mean DALLAS; not Fort Worth or other surrounding areas who produce better rap artist than Dallas) music with substance or something of the Geto Boys caliber; than we'll speak. Until than, Dallas will always take a backseat to Houston.

Waco has a better rap scene than Dallas imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 01:55 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
LOL! You're kidding, right?

Don't just make a soundbyte, back it up. Why do you consider the Waco rap scene better than Dallas'? Because, I don't think I've ever heard a rap artist from Waco. I'm not saying they don't exist though.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:08 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Quote:
Dallas scene is just a rip off of Atlanta's Hip Hop scene. Nothing remarkable or unique. Once Dallas stops producing music; it won't be remembered for doing anything memorable.

No one is going to care to reminisce about songs like Stanky Leg, Booty Dew, Hit dat Hoe, and other BS. Once Dallas starts producing (And I mean DALLAS; not Fort Worth or other surrounding areas who produce better rap artist than Dallas) music with substance or something of the Geto Boys caliber; than we'll speak. Until than, Dallas will always take a backseat to Houston.

..Please!!!!...if that was the case Houston radio would be on waco's nuts instead of Dallas'.....and on a side note.Quit bringing up gheto boys..most people these days don't even give a **** about them o their music...and yes they were hot in their day but only because it was nothing else n Texas to compare them too so of course EVERYBODY in texas liked and supported them. Whats memorable about them?..bushwick bill gettin shot in the eye?...pleeeeese!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:25 PM

Oh and i can where some one would say we ripped off atlata's scene....but they would only say that if they really didnt know **** about the Dallas scene......To me the only thing that remotely resembles Atlantas scene is that both cities have a variety of hip-hop(dance rap,Gutter rap,and Fashion rap witch consist of braggin on cothes,jewlery and cars)Houston scene is not that versitle so they try and discredit Dallas because we like dance rap,but thats whats hot now....and if it wasnt hot then the "bestest rap scene in the world Houston" wouldn't be on our nuts more than K104 te statio tats IN Dallas........just face it... we are coming up the hill and houston is sliding down..losing its grip.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:53 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
There are only 3 cities in the South with "true" Hip Hop/Rap/R&B scenes with roots that can be traced back to ground breaking artists like Geto Boys, Scarface, Dj Screw, UGK, Destiny's Child, Beyonce, TRU, Master P, Juvenille, Lil' Wayne, & Outkast. Those cities are Houston, New Orleans, & Atlanta. Places like Dallas & Miami were just a blip on the radar never really hitting it off big because they rode those other cities nuts & couldn't come up with their own style.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:17 PM

^^^^^That may very well be true...but in present time...weather houstonians like it or not.people are paying attention to dallas now...all the stuff thats used against dallas music scene must be drawing people to it cuz its picking up steam pretty quick...so Houston prepare to hate us even more in a couple of years...One day soon yall are gonna have to simply give us our props...as simple as that.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:17 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
There are only 3 cities in the South with "true" Hip Hop/Rap/R&B scenes with roots that can be traced back to ground breaking artists like Geto Boys, Scarface, Dj Screw, UGK, Destiny's Child, Beyonce, TRU, Master P, Juvenille, Lil' Wayne, & Outkast. Those cities are Houston, New Orleans, & Atlanta. Places like Dallas & Miami were just a blip on the radar never really hitting it off big because they rode those other cities nuts & couldn't come up with their own style.
Houston, NO and Memphis all followed rappers from NYC, LA and Oakland. The true ground breaking artists are out of NYC, period. That's how the rap scene goes; the hot spot moves from city to city.

Oh, and Miami was on the scene waaaay before the 3 'true' cites you mentioned. Ever heard of the 2 Live Crew?

BTW... Everything Matt says must be taken with a grain of salt; he's known as a Dallas hater around the C-D forums.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
LOL! You're kidding, right?

Don't just make a soundbyte, back it up. Why do you consider the Waco rap scene better than Dallas'? Because, I don't think I've ever heard a rap artist from Waco. I'm not saying they don't exist though.
Strange Fruit Project ,Verbal Seed, Waco Boyz, Hustler E, Mony Mone, Twice Tha Game, and more. Waco's hip hop scene actually started back in the early 90s; just that no one ever went mainstream.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Strange Fruit Project ,Verbal Seed, Waco Boyz, Hustler E, Mony Mone, Twice Tha Game, and more. Waco's hip hop scene actually started back in the early 90s; just that no one ever went mainstream.
Yeah cuz no one has ever heard of ANY of those artist u named

Old 03-23-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Yeah cuz no one has ever heard of ANY of those artist u named
Well why are SFP performing in foreign countries??

I'm assuming your the type of person who saved Stank Leg as your ringtone or considers that real hip hop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas