U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2010, 09:29 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,084,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I beg to differ...T-Pain is even old news....and I aint Heard of people screwing their whole album n years....Listen to todays radio...I cant think of one screwed song or even srewed part of a song...its the past...And to be honest The chalie boy song"On my Mama" has Dallas written all over it....But nobody would dare say Houston is copying dallas ****....But I am......Swagg Jackin!!!!

P.S....Even the Candy Red song "Independent B's" is jockin Dallas ****!!.....she name every Dallas dance there is!! So somebody is diggin our ****!
1. Charlie Boy is from Hearne.

2. Candi Redd was actually roasting all the dudes with skinny jeans on doing those dances. Another thing is Dallas is holding on to lame ass dance songs; those dance die off after about a month and than another one comes out. Nothing extraordinary.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 03-24-2010 at 09:42 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 10:14 PM

124 posts, read 300,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
The Bay Area?

Nah, I think there's a much better likelihood the bulk of Houston rappers were influenced by the Cash Money Millionaires, Master P. 8Ball and MJG.
I think the reality is it was the other way around. I've heard Master P say that he didn't even realize rap was a possibility for him until he heard Scarface and the Geto Boyz and to my knowlege, Master P was the first rapper to make it big out of New Orleans. Although 8Ball and MJG are from Memphis, they actually had their first commercial success while living in Houston and signed to Houston-based Suave House records, so a they were heavily influenced by the Houston scene. Many of the top Southern rappers who have come on the scene over the last few years, themselves claim Scarface and UGK as big influences. Scarface actually signed Ludacris to his first big contract at Def Jam South. I'll take the artists' word for it. Houston's influence on hip-hop across the South is unquestioned.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 PM

2,368 posts, read 3,391,590 times
San Antonio has lively hip hop scene. Kyle Lee, Fade Dogg, Big Rob, 3rd degree.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 PM

739 posts, read 1,308,990 times
here in houston we have hataproof records, mike jones, slim thug, chamillionaire, and southpark mexican. And I am not a long shirted sagging pants criminal. I just can't wear "preppy" stuff because my arms are not skinny enough so im kind of limited to hip hop stuff.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 AM

97 posts, read 133,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
here in houston we have hataproof records, mike jones, slim thug, chamillionaire, and southpark mexican. And I am not a long shirted sagging pants criminal. I just can't wear "preppy" stuff because my arms are not skinny enough so im kind of limited to hip hop stuff.
Speaking of SPM.... When does he get out?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 AM

10,057 posts, read 10,263,753 times
I cant help but notice that alot of the new rappers from Dallas are Hispanic. Maybe a sign of the demographic shift?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 AM

13,344 posts, read 14,178,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
..Please!!!!...if that was the case Houston radio would be on waco's nuts instead of Dallas'.....and on a side note.Quit bringing up gheto boys..most people these days don't even give a **** about them o their music...and yes they were hot in their day but only because it was nothing else n Texas to compare them too so of course EVERYBODY in texas liked and supported them. Whats memorable about them?..bushwick bill gettin shot in the eye?...pleeeeese!!!!
Why is everything about the radio with you. Houston's hip hop scene is MUCH better than Dallas scene. It is also more popular throughout the nation than Dallas. Versatility? Houston had that covered. From ballin, to lyrical, to horrorcore, to even some party songs but not much. Houston had this covered in the 90s and early 00s. The state of Texas still looks to Houston for the best hip hop the state has to offer. Dallas needs to step it's game up. Not with these lame dances.

Oh and right now, I'll take SFP and Verbal Seed out of Waco over anything coming out of Dallas right now. I like PPT but other than that, everybody is making the same songs.

As far as what MetroMatt said, you need to give more respect to Memphis. They are the inventors of Crunk. Not Atlanta. Memphis started it in the late 80s and it was known as get buck. Three Six wasn't even the first artist. Gangsta Pat was. Who is popular all over the South. As well as Playa Fly. Atlanta simply borrowed their style. Atlanta also simply borrowed Miami style with the booty music.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,206,179 times
Thats Real Talk right there. Straight Hip Hop, see thats why Waco and Houston have a great relationship, real recko real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
. Not with these lame dances.

Oh and right now, I'll take SFP and Verbal Seed out of Waco over anything coming out of Dallas right now. I like PPT but other than that, everybody is making the same songs.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:38 AM

15,831 posts, read 19,084,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I cant help but notice that alot of the new rappers from Dallas are Hispanic. Maybe a sign of the demographic shift?
Can you name them because I haven't heard of any Hispanic rappers in Dallas outside of Play N Skillz.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM

3,054 posts, read 2,177,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Why is everything about the radio with you. Houston's hip hop scene is MUCH better than Dallas scene. It is also more popular throughout the nation than Dallas. Versatility? Houston had that covered. From ballin, to lyrical, to horrorcore, to even some party songs but not much. Houston had this covered in the 90s and early 00s. The state of Texas still looks to Houston for the best hip hop the state has to offer. Dallas needs to step it's game up. Not with these lame dances.

As far as what MetroMatt said, you need to give more respect to Memphis. They are the inventors of Crunk. Not Atlanta. Memphis started it in the late 80s and it was known as get buck. Three Six wasn't even the first artist. Gangsta Pat was. Who is popular all over the South. As well as Playa Fly. Atlanta simply borrowed their style. Atlanta also simply borrowed Miami style with the booty music.
Because...Any normal person(ouside of houston) wouldn't have access to all the other "GOOD" stuff that yall claim is still bein made....We are just 200 miles away and dont play none of Houston **** up here...If yall ws still on fire the RADIO would reflect it.........Every city has underground!!!...Hell even we had underground 10 years ago....The reason we know of all the Big Big artist is because of the radio.....not becuz we live in the same city as the stars and have access to the good ****....I hope thisis clear enuff for u.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas