Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 11:59 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,247,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
San Antonio coverd 333 sq miles at about 1.2 million. Several few years ago the city added the additonal square mile of undeveloped land for City south development that includes the Toyota plant and the new Texas A&M. That jumped it to 407. The poulation in those 70 plus square is very low. So in essence San Antonio is more dense, having about 1.4 million in those 333 square miles.
Make up your mind. Is the square mileage 333 Sq Mi or 407 Sq Mi? If anything, the density would still be lower. Even a brief visit to the two would indicate this.

I swear, this site is rapidly becoming a homestead for dimbulb homers who just want to argue and ignore facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 12:03 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
San Antonio coverd 333 sq miles at about 1.2 million. Several few years ago the city added the additonal square mile of undeveloped land for City south development that includes the Toyota plant and the new Texas A&M. That jumped it to 407. The poulation in those 70 plus square is very low. So in essence San Antonio is more dense, having about 1.4 million in those 333 square miles.
It doesnt work that way. You cant pick and choose what you like and then say one city is more dense than another. For that matter, why dont I take uptown Dallas and compare it to Echo Park in LA and say that Dallas is more dense than LA?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I swear, this site is rapidly becoming a homestead for dimbulb homers who just want to argue and ignore facts.
I hear ya. This site is turning into a bunch of losers (from all over) who just want bragging rights. Thats it. And bragging rights over stupid **** too (like which city has the most bathhouses, or what city has the most trees).

Also dont forget the ever popular "the MSA/CSA is unfair to my city, they need to include more cities".

Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,247,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I hear ya. This site is turning into a bunch of losers (from all over) who just want bragging rights. Thats it. And bragging rights over stupid **** too (like which city has the most bathhouses, or what city has the most trees).

Also dont forget the ever popular "the MSA/CSA is unfair to my city, they need to include more cities".

Is it raining on those rocks again?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:43 PM

432 posts, read 3,657,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Thanks to Fort Worth.
I put the blame on Plano.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Is it raining on those rocks again?
You knew exactly what I was talking about! Awesome dude!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,107,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
It doesnt work that way. You cant pick and choose what you like and then say one city is more dense than another. For that matter, why dont I take uptown Dallas and compare it to Echo Park in LA and say that Dallas is more dense than LA?

Actually those 70 square miles is mostly rural. Plus San Antonio has about another 50-75K within it's inner incorporated bedroom cities. Alamo Heights, Kirby, leon Valley, Olmos park, Terrel hills, Windcrest, Hill Country Village, Shavano park all surrounded by San Antonio. San Antonio is more dense, plus it has several AFB bases within citiy limits.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:47 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Actually those 70 square miles is mostly rural. Plus San Antonio has about another 50-75K within it's inner incorporated bedroom cities. Alamo Heights, Kirby, leon Valley, Olmos park, Terrel hills, Windcrest, Hill Country Village, Shavano park all surrounded by San Antonio. San Antonio is more dense, plus it has several AFB bases within citiy limits.
You don't think Dallas has some of the same things? Seriously...

Old 03-25-2010, 02:17 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Yeah that big rural forest in South Dallas is still counted towards Dallas. So if you do the same thing for San Antonio, you do the same for Dallas.

I love the DFW and Houston arguments though.

Houstonians say, if you didn't have Fort Worth, you would be slightly bigger than Seattle is right now.

Dallasites return the favor and say, if you didn't annex all of your suburbs to keep the tax money, you'd be the 25th largest city at best, Houston.

Fort Worth is not a suburb of Dallas. However, Tarrant County is a suburb to Dallas County. Wierd but true.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah that big rural forest in South Dallas is still counted towards Dallas. So if you do the same thing for San Antonio, you do the same for Dallas.

I love the DFW and Houston arguments though.

Houstonians say, if you didn't have Fort Worth, you would be slightly bigger than Seattle is right now.

Dallasites return the favor and say, if you didn't annex all of your suburbs to keep the tax money, you'd be the 25th largest city at best, Houston.

Fort Worth is not a suburb of Dallas. However, Tarrant County is a suburb to Dallas County. Wierd but true.
You left out the part about where they argue over who has the most trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas