Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times

Advertisements

I've heard that about the empty space between Baytown and Beaumont. There are some really nice homes tucked away in there, but also a good degree of river trash. (Some of who shoot & kill elementary school kids.) You'd think you're in a 3rd world country judging by some of the homes out there, partially constructed with tarps and salvaged pieces of mobile homes.

BTW if you're talking about the Golden Triangle, rumor has it the ''Grand Wizard'' moved from Vidor to Lumberton awhile back.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 51,635 times
It is so sad to know that cities like Jasper and Vidor have a history of racism that still exists today. You would think that after our Civil War Americans would learn that hate and bloodshed is leads to pain for families that are left behind. [mod]off topic/personal[/mod]

Last edited by Bo; 01-15-2011 at 04:40 PM..

Old 10-01-2011, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 50,950 times
Does this answer your question? I am college-educated and live in Vidor with my black children.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 50,206 times
Are you kidding me. Vidor ain't got no blacks in it. I go through there all the time to visit with folk. I could tell you stories. Last time I stoped at the DQ just off I10 for a burger and seen some blacks come in, everyone workin that nite went in to the back till they left. Soon as they were gone, then come the employees from the back. These blacks didn't know about Vidor because they were passing through. I lived in nederland, vidor, and beaumont so I know. I remeber the canons the klan would shoot at nite. Beaumont ain't no better. Blacks there are more racist then whites, try walk sundown in there hood, I know cause I lived on Flamingo Ln just up from Lamar and went to Odom middleschool as white boy in an all black school in the early 80s, learned me how to fight too. I seen racism on both ends. It's all fd up in southeast Tx.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 PM

385 posts, read 967,711 times
two years ago I watched Vidor's high school football team play and there was only one black guy on the team. Every other school in the area has high number of black football players.

Jasper was brought up, so I will add that Jasper is almost half black and have had black mayors and superintendents of their school district. and the perpetrators of that horrific crime were not even from Jasper. the town may have some bigotry, but it is no Vidor.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM

875 posts, read 1,660,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacupmonkey View Post
It's all fd up in southeast Tx.
Thats why I left and I "ant" going back.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacupmonkey View Post
Are you kidding me. Vidor ain't got no blacks in it. I go through there all the time to visit with folk. I could tell you stories. Last time I stoped at the DQ just off I10 for a burger and seen some blacks come in, everyone workin that nite went in to the back till they left. Soon as they were gone, then come the employees from the back. These blacks didn't know about Vidor because they were passing through. I lived in nederland, vidor, and beaumont so I know. I remeber the canons the klan would shoot at nite. Beaumont ain't no better. Blacks there are more racist then whites, try walk sundown in there hood, I know cause I lived on Flamingo Ln just up from Lamar and went to Odom middleschool as white boy in an all black school in the early 80s, learned me how to fight too. I seen racism on both ends. It's all fd up in southeast Tx.
Lol, is this a genuine post? But yes, I still do hear some racist things from all races in Texas and it is very sickening and disheartening.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:38 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,098,960 times
they should re do the borders of texas and give it to mississippi or alabama

Old 05-21-2012, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 49,873 times
Is it that bad in Vidor? I am thinking about moving there....I want a "small town" feel along with a safe place to raise my children. I can't move but 50 miles outside Sulphur La, due to my ex. I have heard that tx is cheaper than La on most things.....???

Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,265,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfowler38 View Post
Is it that bad in Vidor? I am thinking about moving there....I want a "small town" feel along with a safe place to raise my children. I can't move but 50 miles outside Sulphur La, due to my ex. I have heard that tx is cheaper than La on most things.....???
Vidor is going to be like a bigger Vinton with fewer African American folks. The racism thing is overblown. Yes there is a history from long ago, and yes there are still going to be racist people there, but trust me you will be safer in Vidor than in a lot of Lake Charles or Beaumont or even Orange. Now the backwoods stuff you hear about Vidor is going to be true. I'm not going to expand on that one I'll just say if you are familiar with Shelby Stanga...

If you really want to move to that part of Texas, also look at Orangefield or even the Little Cypress part of Orange. Bridge City is pleasant, too, but remember they got hit hard by Ike.

I have family all over the Golden Triangle, including Vidor and Sulphur. I grew up in that area.

Last edited by DanielWayne; 05-21-2012 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas