Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:51 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Ignorance does not mean stupid. It isn't "name-calling". Ignorance means unknowing. There's a difference.

Ignorance IS germane to the topic. That's part of the problem here!

I don't recall equating ignorance with stupidity. Calling somebody ignorant is subjective and as such is uncalled for in the context of this forum. All I was asking is to debate ideas, we should be able to do that without calling each other ignorant.

This thread needs to cool down. I don't know how I got involved in the first place. I'm going to close it for now until your assigned moderator gets back.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:43 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,144,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
This thread needs to cool down. I don't know how I got involved in the first place. I'm going to close it for now until your assigned moderator gets back.
I've reopened the thread and will keep an eye on it through the evening. If the posters can stay on topic and polite I'll leave it open.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:19 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
If the posters can stay on topic and polite I'll leave it open.

Thanks for keeping it open...

I am officially doing the Autism Speaks/Cure Autism Now! walk, we have a team called "Feebs Fanatics" (My daughter's nickname is Feebs ) if you'd like to see my page, PM me. I'm afraid if I post the link here, it would be considered "advertising".

There are several published journal articles that may be helpful to those who do not understand about autism:

Speech–sound-selective auditory impairment in children with autism: They can perceive but do not attend

Regional gray matter volumetric changes in autism associated with social and repetitive behavior symptoms

Cognitive profiles and social-communicative functioning in children with autism spectrum disorder

There are many more. You can check the link below to find all published journal articles on autism through PubMed Central (NIH).

PubMed Central -- Autism

Old 06-10-2007, 03:43 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

Thanks for keeping it open...

I am officially doing the Autism Speaks/Cure Autism Now! walk, we have a team called "Feebs Fanatics" (My daughter's nickname is Feebs ) if you'd like to see my page, PM me. I'm afraid if I post the link here, it would be considered "advertising".

There are several published journal articles that may be helpful to those who do not understand about autism:

Speech–sound-selective auditory impairment in children with autism: They can perceive but do not attend

Regional gray matter volumetric changes in autism associated with social and repetitive behavior symptoms

Cognitive profiles and social-communicative functioning in children with autism spectrum disorder

There are many more. You can check the link below to find all published journal articles on autism through PubMed Central (NIH).

PubMed Central -- Autism
I do walks for causes as well...you go!! I will get involved again as soon as I relocate. Please PM me your link.
MBG

Please PM

Old 06-11-2007, 12:26 PM

4 posts, read 9,029 times
Moms2Feebs--Where did you find out that this bill was vetoed? What is your source? I have googled it several times, and I can only find your claim. I just talked to one fo the governor's staffers named Lance, and he said that as far as he knew HB 1919 was still on the governor's desk. My son has PDD-NOS, and my wife and I have worked very hard to get this bill passed.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:34 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times
I too have had a very sick child and I know what it is like to fight insurance companies just to get them to pay what they should...I wish you parents the best of luck winning this....

Old 06-11-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
Moms2Feebs--Where did you find out that this bill was vetoed? What is your source? I have googled it several times, and I can only find your claim. I just talked to one fo the governor's staffers named Lance, and he said that as far as he knew HB 1919 was still on the governor's desk. My son has PDD-NOS, and my wife and I have worked very hard to get this bill passed.

My information was given to me through members of the Texas Autism Advocacy Group. I am currently checking their sources. I am very upset at the prospect that they have misinformed their members.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:04 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Here is the link from The Dallas Morning News (Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas) that is in todays paper about what is going on in Austin right now.

Children with autism get day in court 3:26 PM CT | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/061207dnnatautism.39e30678.html - broken link)

Old 06-12-2007, 10:42 AM

4 posts, read 9,029 times
Quote:
My information was given to me through members of the Texas Autism Advocacy Group. I am currently checking their sources. I am very upset at the prospect that they have misinformed their members.
We'll I'm just glad that HB 1919 is still alive. My heart sank when I read that Perry vetoed the bill.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 PM

Me too! I received an apology for the misinformation. The confusion was with the governor of South Carolina, not Texas. I was VERY irked about it. I did check the capitol's website, but it still says nothing.

The consensus is that he will actually veto the bill. I hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: