Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 08:28 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,766,307 times

Advertisements

I havent rented for some time and I've recently sold my pad and might want to rent again. I honestly dont remember if I broke my lease or not it was so long ago. I dont think I did I think I paid in full but I wasnt out by the time I was supposed to because I went on an extended ski vacation. Anyway I was young and dumb and I didnt get things properly squared away.
So does anyone know where and how I check things out to see whats on there?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,391,426 times
On where? The only place that would show up (that I know of) is on your credit rating which nothing to do with Texas or any other state.. And is it was that long ago it would not be on there at all. I've broken a lease before and it is really up to the landlord to pursue any further action or even report it to the credit agencies. A lot of them will not bother.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM

I believe that theres some commission in Texas that keeps this renters data for eternity even if it comes off your credit report.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:20 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,391,426 times
After googling it, because I was kind of curious I could couldn't come up with anything. There is something called the Texas Apartment Association which does not keep rental history records on individuals. I think it would be against some kind of privacy laws to do so. There are a number of tenant screening services but they seem to be scams and are not affiliated with the state goverment. When in doubt google it. In any case why the concern. If you are going to rent they may and probably will check your credit history. If you are going to buy the same applies. Most apartment managers are in need of renting not rejecting someone based on something that happened years ago and is not that big of a deal to begin with.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:55 PM

Well theres a saying among landlords, no tenant is better than a bad tenant. It takes them acres of paperwork and hundreds of dollars in cleanings and payoffs to apartment locators to rent an apartment. A lot of complex managers will not bother with someone with any broken leases or evictions on their record.
You're right though some apartment managers are becoming more flexible in a down economy.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 26,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
I havent rented for some time and I've recently sold my pad and might want to rent again. I honestly dont remember if I broke my lease or not it was so long ago. I dont think I did I think I paid in full but I wasnt out by the time I was supposed to because I went on an extended ski vacation. Anyway I was young and dumb and I didnt get things properly squared away.
So does anyone know where and how I check things out to see whats on there?
Thanks.
So what's the verdict ??? Were you able to rent an apartment ??? I broke a lease 10 years ago ... Well actually didn't break it but I was young and moved out without giving my 60 day notice ... So now I'm about to move out and was wondering what were the chances of me getting an apartment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas