U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-27-2010, 10:30 AM

6,868 posts, read 12,984,477 times

Advertisements

Personally, I applaud the State of Arizona.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 AM

2,313 posts, read 1,870,380 times
We'll see......this thing wont grab hold unless more states get in the mix

Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM

4,648 posts, read 6,445,194 times
It will be overturned by the courts. But I would like to see Gov Goodhair with a nice set of breasts.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 AM

14,648 posts, read 27,949,306 times
he already has horns---

and I can't believe that anyone would belive letting police have the ability to stop someone who 'LOOKS' like they are not US citizen is positive step toward stopping illegal immigration

there are plenty of US-born Hispanics --this is just racist legislation--a knee jerk reaction to having unlawful immigration and its problems but it is not the solution...

the problem is that Mexico in particular has NOTHING to offer its decent citizens--it can't stop the drug cartels, it can't protect its lawful citizens--and frankly I don't know that it really wants to--it can't offer them a viable future...
so until MEXICO gets off its collective asses and does something to save itself as a nation, we are just going to be infected with the people who see no future there...unless we can find a fool-proof method of PREVENTING illegal immigration -- which is not going to happen--American is going to be the overflow valve...

but this Draconia measure is not going to be a short-term or long-term solution

Frankly I would love it if the Congress would create an amendment that would prohibit birth-citizenship unless BOTH parents are US citizens--not even allowing legal residents' children born in US to be citizens but have them take the legal status of their parents...

having illegals give birth to US citizens is just letting them get their foot in the door because then we get the sympathy pleas about separating families--too bad--I don't care...

Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM

6,868 posts, read 12,984,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
he already has horns---

and I can't believe that anyone would belive letting police have the ability to stop someone who 'LOOKS' like they are not US citizen is positive step toward stopping illegal immigration

there are plenty of US-born Hispanics --this is just racist legislation--a knee jerk reaction to having unlawful immigration and its problems but it is not the solution...

the problem is that Mexico in particular has NOTHING to offer its decent citizens--it can't stop the drug cartels, it can't protect its lawful citizens--and frankly I don't know that it really wants to--it can't offer them a viable future...
so until MEXICO gets off its collective asses and does something to save itself as a nation, we are just going to be infected with the people who see no future there...unless we can find a fool-proof method of PREVENTING illegal immigration -- which is not going to happen--American is going to be the overflow valve...

Frankly I would love it if the Congress would create an amendment that would prohibit birth-citizenship unless BOTH parents are US citizens--not even allowing legal residents' children born in US to be citizens but have them take the legal status of their parents...

having illegals give birth to US citizens is just letting them get their foot in the door because then we get the sympathy pleas about separating families--too bad--I don't care...

Yeah, well Mexico hasn't had its collective sh*t in one sock for well over a hundred years now, and thankfully AZ decided it's not their job to make Mexico better. If this is racist, then lawful Mexican Americans have no one to blame than their own home country, and should do whatever they can to help get the illegals OUT! Crap, I'd be so mad if I worked my butt off to get in this country legally and others just ran across a border and got the same benefits!

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:46 AM

5,244 posts, read 5,078,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
It will be overturned by the courts. But I would like to see Gov Goodhair with a nice set of breasts.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:50 AM

5,244 posts, read 5,078,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
he already has horns---

Good post. As for the bolded, I agree, but I don't think they have any intention of doing that. Why would they, when they can just have people come here and send money back? Since Mexico, IMO, is in no way going to try and stop the flow, we need to do some major work here. The situation, again IMO, has gotten completely out of hand.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM

38 posts, read 38,090 times
I hope that all border states make laws like this. Maybe it will get the feds to actually secure our borders. I feel it is a shame to all of those that come here legally that so many come illegally.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:04 PM

669 posts, read 860,977 times
Has anyone actually taken the time to read the bill? The media is making it out to be a lot worse than it sounds. They are explointing maybe 2 paragraphs out of a 10+ page bill. Most of the bill has nothing to do with what the media is portraying.

Granted it does have some very "loose" terminology in there, it technically does not point out any specific race. It may sound like it, but that's just a misinterpretation of the real words.

All in all I don't really agree with all of it, but most of it is no different than what we deal with today.

And before a lot of you throw stones at those "illegals".....do you currently live in a country that is overrun by crime and druglords? I think not. Many of those "illegals" are merely trying to evade a world which is simply not fit to safely raise a family. That's all i'm saying....you have to look at what life is like in someone else's shoes before you turn your back on them.

Again, that's just my opinion....

Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Status: " On and off line interchangeably" (set 8 days ago)

9,823 posts, read 11,324,730 times
Quote:
And before a lot of you throw stones at those "illegals".....do you currently live in a country that is overrun by crime and druglords?
I guess it depends on which part one lives in. It seems to be getting there in certain parts, don't you think? And whose fault is it if the forgeign country at question is crime and drug-ridden?

Quote:
I think not. Many of those "illegals" are merely trying to evade a world which is simply not fit to safely raise a family. That's all i'm saying....you have to look at what life is like in someone else's shoes before you turn your back on them.
Then why the heck don't those illegals do something to save their own country? I know I am dense sometime, but I guess I just can't see what is so hard about starting with that simple question.

I (as in just me myself and I) don't turn my back on anyone needing some dollars or food or drink or charity. Or even a place to stay overnight. Anybody who knows me at all knows I will help anyone, anywhere, if I can...

But I guess, yeah, I am "guilty" (if such a term can be used) in refusing to put illegal aliens who come here to take advantage of our milk and honey, in the same class as those who truly need and deserve help and go thru the proper routes to become citizens.

If that makes me a heartless xenophopic (whatever) then so be it...

Here's hoping Texas will follow the lead of Arizona!

Last edited by TexasReb; 04-27-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas