Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this?

Federal Framework Being Set Up To Arrest Sheriffs

I'm hoping to move to Texas later this year....I'm from Colorado and it breaks my heart to say this but I believe CO is lost at this point...please tell me Texas isn't next!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 AM
rwr

268 posts, read 612,057 times
Default No way in hell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Does anyone know anything about this?

Federal Framework Being Set Up To Arrest Sheriffs

I'm hoping to move to Texas later this year....I'm from Colorado and it breaks my heart to say this but I believe CO is lost at this point...please tell me Texas isn't next!
Colorado has already gone over to the dark side. No way in hell a bill like this would pass in Texas. Even a majority of the demoncrats would vote against it. If a federal police agency tried to arrest a county Sheriff for upholding the constitution they would find an armed, angry militia standing between them and their proposed arrestee!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Good to hear. There was a time when I would have said no way in CO but I would have been wrong.
Since the article didn't give a bill number for TX like it did for CO I had no real way of looking it up.

I am looking forward to moving to TX although I do feel the gun laws there are more restrictive than I prefer, they are still better than a lot of states.
Plus TX will honor my Nevada CCW even after it converts to a Non-resident CCW...so that's a good thing.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 AM
rwr

268 posts, read 612,057 times
Default Welcome to Texas!

You sound like you will fit in nicely here in The Lone Star State.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
I agree with rwr - CO has fallen and its gone.

One thing that still hasn't been satisfactorily explained to me: why is it acceptable for states to ignore some federal laws (i.e. marijuana laws) but not others (i.e. gun laws)? How would the federal government be able to rationalize going after states for ignoring some laws but not others? Don't get me wrong, I think federal drug laws are moronic, but if they are on the books then they should be enforced. A nation bound by the rule of law is not one where the regime gets to pick and choose which laws it enforces.

I think the blue states have unknowingly opened a can of worms that they didn't intend by effectively nullifying marijuana laws in their states.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Update on Texas efforts to Nullify federal action...

Texas: Act Now to Nullify Federal Gun Laws – Tenth Amendment Center Blog

Quote:
Texas House Bill 928, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, passed the House Federalism and Fiscal Responsibility Committee 3-1. This bill is on it’s way to the Calendar Committee to be put on a schedule to be voted by the full house.

The bill would require all agencies of the state – and local governments – to refuse to enforce or assist in the enforcement of a vast majority of federal gun laws, including those already on the books.

It now includes a penalty for any local government which refuses to follow the proposed law. This includes a loss of state grant funding and the ability of individual Texans to file a complaint with the Attorney General against the local government violating their rights.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 AM

681 posts, read 1,671,895 times
The problem with CO is the mass influx of liberals from California that moved in....same thing with NJ, MA, CT, MD....pretty much the entire northeast is a lost cause for gun rights.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
Default Agree totally with most posters.

As RWR first put it (and Willson, WarB, and Cyborg, etc) said? In essence?

NO WAY IN HELL would would something like this pass in Texas. My fiance is a native born and bred Coloradian, and she was totally shocked by it. Like some of y'all have brought up, I can't believe a western state with a frontier history would pass what is pretty much the most restrictive and unconstitutional anti-Second Ammendment laws in the country.

I hope like hell the Texas Legislature passes the HR bill Willsson exaplained and wrote about. That is? Outright nullification! There comes a time to take a stand because if it keeps going on? Then there is no place to take one.

God Bless the Soveriegn State of Texas!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:13 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

I am looking forward to moving to TX although I do feel the gun laws there are more restrictive than I prefer, they are still better than a lot of states.
Plus TX will honor my Nevada CCW even after it converts to a Non-resident CCW...so that's a good thing.

I've lived in Texas for six years, and have never needed a gun once. Don't worry about Texans, you won't need to shoot any. There are some you might want to shoot, but it's usually better not to.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM

96 posts, read 185,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
Update on Texas efforts to Nullify federal action...

Texas: Act Now to Nullify Federal Gun Laws – Tenth Amendment Center Blog
This why we also are considering TX. One of the many reasons, mostly though for our God given rights to be upheld and where better than TX. Coming down in June for a visit to check things out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas