Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Angelo, TX
Excellent? 6 24.00%
Good? 10 40.00%
Not Bad? 7 28.00%
Bad? 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2010, 01:15 AM

1 posts, read 12,713 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I am considering a move to San Angelo, any advice? How good is it to relocate? Job Market?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,685 times
Depends on what your job is.SA is largely a service type job town,outside of the obvious ones that every town needs to exist.The air force base,a Johnson & Johnson plant called Ethicon,and a call center named Sitel are 3 of the big employers.Wages are not as high as a lot of places.SA is more like a small town grown bigger.It is a nice place to live,and I appreciate it even more now that I have moved away,but it isn't a place for the average worker to make great money.You would live there more for the more laid back (compared to larger cities) atmosphere than anything else.

If you have more specific questions let me know.I lived there for years.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:24 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
If you need a job an like a small town atmosphere, its a good move. Good community, we have relatives who raised families there and have stayed into their retirement years.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:36 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Angelo is also VERY big as a regional medical center. Shannon, Baptist Memorial, West Texas Rehab etc. are all major hospitals. If you're in the medical field, you will find work with no problem.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 12,025 times
My wife and son and I are Moving to San Angelo, TX. I am a Unarmed Security guard for The Company called Securitas. Am I going to be able to find work in San Angelo.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:44 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kozak View Post
My wife and son and I are Moving to San Angelo, TX. I am a Unarmed Security guard for The Company called Securitas. Am I going to be able to find work in San Angelo.
I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that the security guard market there is pretty nonexistent. Between off-duty police form the City and ASU, and a low overall crime rate, there probably isn't much of a market for security guards. You will need to look at a bigger city, such as Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, etc.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,406 times
It's a very boring, small city. If that's what you want go for it.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 PM

188 posts, read 376,546 times
I agree so much with the PP. I thought I could work here for about a year before moving to Houston. I honestly can not take it anymore. Walmart is the only real attraction here. The is 1 IHOP, 1 Wendy's and I could go on and on. DH had a lack of job opportunities here and what he did get, they only want to pay 8.00/hr. We are moving onward to Houston this week. Civilization here we come!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
IHOP? Wendy's? Wow lady, if you are only going to places like that, you are missing out on some really good food! Try Franco's Cafe or Armenta's for really good Mexican food, Roadrunners or D-Rays for burgers, Chef Jason's Deli at Peasant Village restaurant makes some of the best sandwiches I have ever had anywhere!

I moved to the area in Sept. and at first, I thought, this is a nothing kind of town, but the more I explore, the more I like it. The people are friendly, and the place is just interesting. Now, is it everyone's cup of tea? Of course not, the shopping could be better, but it is not the worst I have seen and I travel a lot.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:08 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,404 times
I like it here. Good places to eat, friendly people, all the amenities I need and low cost of living. Boring is subjective. If youre looking for clubs and fast paced night life like that then yes, its boring. But if you enjoy fishing and barbecues at the lakes and parks then its great. I enjoy the latter activities so I'm happy. Personally I like the slower pace of San Angelo. I would never live in the rat race of the metroplex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas