Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 AM

4 posts, read 5,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johio83 View Post
Hmm. Kind of paradoxical for me. I'd love to show support, but wouldn't be able to unless it were a weekend or after 6pm.
like I said.. they are open to expanded hours. customers just have to show interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 01:59 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Just wanted to say nice to hear about all the development in Toledo in this thread. I grew up in Toledo and moved away but am planning on moving back in the near future and it is great to hear about all the goings on up there.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:54 PM

180 posts, read 341,567 times
Huntington Center gets national recognition : News : NorthwestOhio.com

Good news about the Huntington Center! Great to see both of our downtown complexes are so well regarded.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 PM

896 posts, read 1,853,225 times
Quote:
Huntington Center gets national recognition : News : NorthwestOhio.com

Good news about the Huntington Center! Great to see both of our downtown complexes are so well regarded.

For sure. I think it would be nice if we could snag a NBA D-League team or get the arena football 2 team they were talking about in the beginning.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
For sure. I think it would be nice if we could snag a NBA D-League team or get the arena football 2 team they were talking about in the beginning.
haha, well Arena 2 might be tough, since they folded in 2009. But I agree that looking for additional franchises for both stadiums/arenas would be a good idea. I guess my thinking is "we've got two teams, and they're among the most supported in their leagues. Let's try another"

Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM

I would like a soccer team as well. Just a 3 or 4th tier team even. Harrisburg PA, Rochester NY, Charleston DC, and Wilmington NC all have successful third division teams and are all cities roughly our size.

I envision a new stadium, built for soccer, smaller....about 12,000 capacity, either Uptown or in the Warehouse Dst, or the Marina District. 3rd Division soccer team as the primary tenant, and could be host bigger city league football games and if its in the Marina district it could be Waites new home field. That size stadium would also be ideal for other events like lacrosse, drum&bugle corp competitions, etc. It could strategically help businesses by it if its in a prime area.

Just my pipe dream. Carry on with the real conversation.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM

I'd be all for that. I'd actually thought about trying to entice a women's team to start up in Toledo, but the league no longer exists. That's a pretty good idea about tying it in with Waite HS though, so the stadium could be a multi-use facility.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 AM

Okay, I've got it! Here is a two-birds-with-one-stone solution! Following what Chelsea is trying to do in London, we could do with a soccer team and the Acme power plant that is scheduled to come down!

(They've been attempting to convert the Battersea power station into a stadium, but it doesn't seem likely to happen. Still, would that not be the coolest fricken stadium?)

Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Okay, I've got it! Here is a two-birds-with-one-stone solution! Following what Chelsea is trying to do in London, we could do with a soccer team and the Acme power plant that is scheduled to come down!

(They've been attempting to convert the Battersea power station into a stadium, but it doesn't seem likely to happen. Still, would that not be the coolest fricken stadium?)

That would be the greatest thing ever. Thats such a badass idea.

in other news, while not quite "downtown" development......... theres a new coffee shop opening up in the Old West End / Old Towne, at the corner of Collingwood and Delaware called Black Kite Coffee. Sounds cool to me. Its a perfect spot and will definitely get business there.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:50 PM

Nice little article about Hickory Farms moving downtown.

Two reasons I really like this:
1) The typical trend for the past couple decades has been for businesses to move out of CBD's for the tax breaks that industrial parks in suburbs offer. And that's nationwide, by no means a Toledo problem. So it's nice to see a company bucking that trend.

2) This comment: "We wanted to be a part of the group to revitalize the downtown." At the very least, they just mean that they'll be helping downtown by adding a business, plus the 50 employees who will once again be working in the CBD. However, I'm really hoping that "part of the group to revitalize" means they'll be a prominent contributor to beautification and renovation efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo