Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 AM

896 posts, read 1,852,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
how about let dashing do their job THEIR OWN WAY? we see how things turn out when toledo officials want their own spin on things, look at the new arena and the bridge.........coulda been way better.

Whatever. It's not like I have any say in what goes on anyway.

I just want to see this company build something that actually suits the property and adjacent areas. Something that respects Toledos past and future. I suppose that's a lot to ask of a developer though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM

227 posts, read 625,970 times
I am so happy that the City government finally got on board with this. City council brought "looking a gift horse in the mouth" to a entirely new level. ...but all's well that ends well.

From what I remember, I was fairly impressed with the renderings for the D. Pacific's development. In urban development, you have to come to expect an eclectic mix. There are few major cities that have had any luck creating a homogony of design... usually it seems to stifle development. Parisians threw a fit over the pyramid in front of the Louvre... Toledoans threw a fit about the additions to the art museum... I mean I remember people throwing a fit about the old sports arena being raised. The only reason I could think of to keep the old sports arena is to keep chiropractors in business... those seats were a joke... and for those people that liked having misaligned spines, they offered the seats up at auction. Do I sense Toledo being the Paris of Ohio being revisited??

Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 PM

896 posts, read 1,852,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmith View Post
I am so happy that the City government finally got on board with this. City council brought "looking a gift horse in the mouth" to a entirely new level. ...but all's well that ends well.

From what I remember, I was fairly impressed with the renderings for the D. Pacific's development. In urban development, you have to come to expect an eclectic mix. There are few major cities that have had any luck creating a homogony of design... usually it seems to stifle development. Parisians threw a fit over the pyramid in front of the Louvre... Toledoans threw a fit about the additions to the art museum... I mean I remember people throwing a fit about the old sports arena being raised.

An eclectic mix can be a positive thing. Im just recalling pictures I saw that basically reminded me of an outdoor mall with a pseudo-asian theme. In my humble opinion, the only justification for an asian theme is if the businesses are actually asian and youre trying to build a Chinatown neighborhood from scratch. Otherwise its just tacky and out of place.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:57 PM

911 posts, read 2,598,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Whatever. It's not like I have any say in what goes on anyway.

I just want to see this company build something that actually suits the property and adjacent areas. Something that respects Toledos past and future. I suppose that's a lot to ask of a developer though.

wasnt directed towards u or dogging you. i was stating a fact how toledo council wants businesses here to spend their money,but wants to tell them how to do it then charges them up the butt to have a place here.

toledo will get nowhere having small local stuff opening. they need major national brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo