U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2012, 02:21 PM

5 posts, read 6,793 times
Default Single Living

I will be moving to Toledo from Chicago in 3 weeks. I am 31 and single. I would like to live somewhere next to restaurants and shopping near. In doing some research there doesnt look to be much in the downtown area. I hear conflicting stories on safety in regards to the city as well. Are there any suburbs more taylored to a single individual? Or some nice places dt? Price range is not an issue as anything here is considerably cheaper than IL.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 PM

674 posts, read 709,149 times
Are you just looking to rent or buy?

Keep in mind that pretty much everything in the Toledo metro area is within 20 mins drive of anything else. So even if you live at one end of the city, its not that hard to get to the other side.

When you say being close to shopping what do you mean. Like clothing shopping or just everyday stuff?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM

5 posts, read 6,793 times
I'd like to rent as I will only be here a couple years. By shopping I mean like a main drag of everyday shopping/eating type places.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 PM

616 posts, read 826,123 times
the only place really decent is the west side. the east side is falling apart and the north end isnt far behind. dont stay by toledo hospital please.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 AM

165 posts, read 157,061 times
The area adjoining Old Orchard (between Secor and Douglas and north of Central) is close to everything. There are some large apartment complexes as well as some small, individually-owned buildings, and the neighborhood is safe and quiet (in terms of wild parties, that is--traffic noise can't be completely escaped). My husband has been renting at Heatherwick House on Carskaddon while he works in Toledo and is pleased with the building (no real character, but there's plenty of space and covered parking), the neighborhood, and the landlord. When I visit, we frequently walk to restaurants and basic shopping (grocery and pharmacy), and there's a branch of the public library right on Central, also within walking distance. the neighborhood is also close to the University with all it offers and just a few blocks from the interstate.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,679,141 times
If you want to look into suburbs, you might try Perrysburg or Maumee which are both an easy commute to Toledo and both have some nice apartments and condos which would be very close to shopping, entertainment, and restaurants. Perrysburg would be my first choice - many young and middle-age singles there.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 AM

180 posts, read 175,606 times
Since you're moving here from Chicago, and it will only be for a couple years, I'm guessing it's work related. Is proximity to work an issue for you? If so, that could really help narrow down where you should be looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo